Beyerdynamics DT 770 80ohms plus what amp?
Nov 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mikkelmmk93

100+ Head-Fier
As the title says, what amp should I get to go with the DT 770's?
I think I would want it to be portable, unless there is a notably difference in sound quality and what is does for round about the same price.
I hope that someone of you guys can help me here.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 10
Even after buying my Burson HA160D, I'm still very impressed with the JDS Labs CMOY that I use as my portable solution.  Can't beat it for the $$ and it sounds incredible...

http://www.jdslabs.com/

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 10
The Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm is easy to power.
Fiio E6, E7 or E11

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
The Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm is easy to power.
Fiio E6, E7 or E11

Are the E6 and E7 amp the same? They have the same ratings. Just wondering if the deal for the E7 is the splitter, Dac and screen or whats the difference?
Think that I would choose the E7 over E11 even though it is weaker, but due to its much longer battery life.
Any comments/ideas?

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #6 of 10
Well around 500 dkk (danish kroner) which is the equivalent of 70 euros.
Been thinking and reading, and I think I'll take the e7 for now. Still wondering though if I should take the e11 instead, but the dac could come in handy when home and I can always upgrade the e7 with the e9

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #7 of 10
I have tried the iBasso PB1 Toucan, BassBoost CMOY, E7, E9. e7 and e9 does well but they arent portable. the best thing ive used is the FiiO E11 paired with a Sansa Clip+, with the Sansa's bass EQ for the lowest band (bass) at half way up. Paired with the E11 with high current mode (under the battery theres a switch), and the E11's bass boost at 2, low gain and volume cranked, i get beautiful bass (no distortion).

But if you aren't interested in in-your-face bass, then really any amp will do. but otherwise the bass will sound quality but far away. Honestly after the FiiO E11 i can finally use my DT770s 80ohm for music and not just gaming. but understand everyone has their own preference, im just a basshead.

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 10
Have you tried with the E6? 

I'm looking at the same setup. Sansa Clip+, DT770 80ohm, but would like to secure the clip and amp to the headband as the dance training/martial arts/circus stuff I do tends to catch on cords running down front or back. So trying to get a nice head only unit happening, but would hate to sacrifice full bass....

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:

I'm looking at the same setup. Sansa Clip+, DT770 80ohm, but would like to secure the clip and amp to the headband as the dance training/martial arts/circus stuff I do tends to catch on cords running down front or back. So trying to get a nice head only unit happening, but would hate to sacrifice full bass....

Would you even notice the difference between amped and nonamped when doing all this?
I dont know so just asking.
Maybe you should check out Cmoy bb

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:

Skip the E6 as I think it would be more similar to the E5 which really has nothing on the E11 (also E11 has to be in high current mode, or else it sounds horrible and distorts, I assume the E5/E6 will sound like that). http://s.dealextreme.com/search/arm+band. you can probably use an armband and stick the e11 where the ipod/phone should belong and clip the clip+ on to that.

i noticed in my last post i fumbled with my words. using the custom/manual eq on the clip+ with the lowest band half way up, and the settings on the e11 i mentioned. the bass is so enjoyable. notice that xb500 gets this type of bass with no amp, but i must say the dt770 sounds a bit better (i think soundstage wise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back