beyerdynamics 990 pro
Feb 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

madsam

New Head-Fier
Guys,

as first post, i would like to thank you for helping me a lot which pushes me to register in this great forum.
i previously had Audio technica m50, and since 3 years, it is still great.
however, i wanted to have un upgrade for higher level headphone, which lead me after comments on this website to buy the beyerdynamics 990 pro 250 OHM.
today i have received it and i have the following issues:
- Using the FIIO E7 makes it weak and i believe it needs a real headphone amp, please adivse what would be helpful with this headphone.
- I consider the amp this is not issue comparable as this one since i put it on my head, recognized that the left ear has higher volume level than the right one. which made me really worried.
the headphone hasn't burned in yet.

i really need your advise.

regards

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 7
Heya,

The E17 has plenty of output for the 250ohm Beyer. It's not an amplification issue.

Channel imbalance leads me to think either you don't have it completely plugged in. Check the plug. Wiggle it around. Make sure it's fully contacting, turn it, pull it, etc. Also, check the Beyer on another source. Plug it into anything, it will make some audio. See if channel imbalance persists. If it does, return the headphone--defective.

Very best,

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 7
Malveaux

i would like to thank you for your prompt reply.
Actually as i said in the previous post, it is E7 and not E17. so should it be more amplified?
and concerning the balance, i change the balance 20% to right in order to make the headphone "balanced 100%"

Regards

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Malveaux

i would like to thank you for your prompt reply.
Actually as i said in the previous post, it is E7 and not E17. so should it be more amplified?
and concerning the balance, i change the balance 20% to right in order to make the headphone "balanced 100%"

Regards

Ahh,

I must have confused posts; I saw one with an E17 and I see E7 in yours.

Makes sense now. The E7 has lower output than the others, it would struggle more with the DT990 250ohm.

As for the channel imbalance, again, test from other sources and look at all your connections and make sure they are snug, touching, fitting, etc. Test with a phone, receiver, computer, anything. See if the channels are as imbalanced as they are when plugged into the E7. If they are, return the DT990 for defective replacement.

Very best,

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 7
Malveaux, 

running 10 hours nonstop music, the difference of channels imbalance disappears bit a bit.
i am thinking to buy the "

[size=1.7em] 12AU7 ECC82 Tube Hybird Class A MHHA Headphone Amplifier W/ PCM2702 USB DAC" what you think?[/size]

thanks again for your support

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Malveaux, 

running 10 hours nonstop music, the difference of channels imbalance disappears bit a bit.
i am thinking to buy the "

[size=1.7em] 12AU7 ECC82 Tube Hybird Class A MHHA Headphone Amplifier W/ PCM2702 USB DAC" what you think?[/size]

thanks again for your support

Heya,

Can you link that?

Also, what's your total budget for a new amplifier?

Very best,

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 7
Malveaux

I hope you are fine.
Today i went to a shop in order to check what is the problem with my dt 990 pro, since i am very upset from customer service of beyer dynamics, 2 mails with zero replies.
anyhow, that shop i went is specialized with audio (from headphones to giant speakers and amplifiers and vintage products), he checked my beyer on a machine, he found out that i have a loss of power on the right channel, so he opened it (i took the risk) and found out the astonishing thing, the cables were inverted!!!!! 
as soon as he fixed it, reassemble and test it, it was completely different, balanced but needed for burn in since it was very (dry) and on high bass level it was rattling.
how much hours you think it will need burn in?

concerning the amplifier, i should receive it by this friday, please find below link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VF69GQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Kind regards
MADSAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back