Beyerdynamic Velour Pads Question
Aug 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GodOfDeath

New Head-Fier
Can you wash them?

If so then how?

I hate summer, they took in some sweat, so now area around my ears are itchy, probably from the absorbed sweat/bacteria/germs/dirt

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #2 of 3
I know this thread has all but died, but I will give it a bump as I am also looking for an answer, can't find ANYTHING on it from google
confused.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Can you wash them?

If so then how?

I hate summer, they took in some sweat, so now area around my ears are itchy, probably from the absorbed sweat/bacteria/germs/dirt

My first pair lasted me a year and I washed them monthly so the answer is a definitive YES. The only reason I replace them is because I actually wear the foam out and they decrease in thickness and start getting uncomfortable after a few hours.

I take them off and roll one of those lint rollers over the foam over the driver to pick up hair, then I pop the retaining ring off, pluck any hairs out of the felt and put it back on. I wash the cushions in the sink under running hot water that's too hot to let it touch my skin, then I turn the water off and start working a little foaming hand soap into the velour on both of them, then I rub them gently against each other so the two halves scrub each others velour. Then a rinse in hot, then switching to cold I will squeeze them as I rinse to get the foam soap free. Lastly I squeeze the water out of them, then stack them one on top of the other inside of a towel, cover it, and squish down to get that last bit of water our. After that a few hours air drying in front of a fan (a PC fan works great, just hang em on your CPU) and they are good to go and good as new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back