Beyerdynamic T90 headband turns to dust - why?
Aug 7, 2019 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ansi

100+ Head-Fier
So I had stored my T90 in the pleather case that they came with, unused for about a year. When I recently took them out I noticed that the headband was coming apart. Easier to explain with a picture:

LWX1Ufd.jpg

The rest of the headphones was fine, including the earpads. Any idea what could cause this? I ordered a replacement, and would like to avoid it suffering same fate since these things are a pain to find (especially when Beyerdynamic tells you that they are not going to even sell you spares unless you live in specific countries).

Aug 7, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 6
So I had stored my T90 in the pleather case that they came with, unused for about a year. When I recently took them out I noticed that the headband was coming apart. Easier to explain with a picture:

LWX1Ufd.jpg

The rest of the headphones was fine, including the earpads. Any idea what could cause this? I ordered a replacement, and would like to avoid it suffering same fate since these things are a pain to find (especially when Beyerdynamic tells you that they are not going to even sell you spares unless you live in specific countries).

Seems to me to be lousy quality materials. I don't have this model, but I have the Beyerdynamic DTX 501 P and the same thing happened to the headband only a few weeks after purchase. I brought it back to my local shop where I bought it and the shopkeeper gave me a one for one replacement. And he said that this was a frequent issue with that model and he had already did one for one exchanges for many customers.
My replacement pair had the same issue after a few months (even with good care and storage). I gave up and just covered the existing band with some aliexpress purchased leather headbands.

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 6
My T90 got the same issue recently, very annoying.....

Apr 21, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 6
My HD700’s did that except it was gooey 😫

Users who are viewing this thread

Back