Beyerdynamic T5 (3rd Generation)
Aug 31, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #31 of 736
The pages for the 3rd Generation T1 and T5p have been removed from Lufthansa's World Shop; I suppose that the leaks were a mistake. Well, I'm hoping that we'll see the launch sometime soon. :)

Aug 31, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #32 of 736
https://www.stereo.net.au/news/beye...pIoeWIfMV_ij0bYi1kKrJngW2Ns-2g4vmOopjScxoNSNo

1598930036524.png

It's official!

My full review will be posted soon.

I am currently unable to answer any questions regarding these headphones just yet, as per an agreement with the distributors.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #35 of 736
Sep 1, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #36 of 736
Sep 1, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #40 of 736
Very interesting, though not sure about this language of "upgracing." Sounds like a Google Translate gone wrong.

Curious to see how they make the 3rd gen even warmer.
Well, it looks like they were really using the term "upgracing"... whatever that means. :joy:

Anyway, here's an interesting thing that I've noticed. The North American site prices the T1 and T5 at a little over $860. That's a lot cheaper than the predecessor models, which were priced at $999 at their MSRP.

1598956639883.png

Sep 1, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #41 of 736
Well, it looks like they were really using the term "upgracing"... whatever that means. :joy:

Anyway, here's an interesting thing that I've noticed. The North American site prices the T1 and T5 at a little over $860. That's a lot cheaper than the predecessor models, which were priced at $999 at their MSRP.

1598956639883.png
Yes, they're €999 on the German/Austrian site - cheaper to order from the US (works out at about €720). Hopefully they'll come down in price in the EU.

They're definitely going for it with the upgracing terminology. Sounds like a term coined in marketing meeting 5 minutes before a presentation....

Sep 1, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #42 of 736
from the Beyerdynamic site:
" In der dritten Generation überzeugt der T5 mit einer verbesserten, natürlicheren Wiedergabe der oberen Mitten. "

In the third generation, the T5 impresses with an improved, more natural reproduction of the upper mids.

The fixed the dip in the upper mids, which made some voice sound hollow and positioned into the back. There is no comment about making the T5 warmer. There is already way to much mid-bass for my taste.

Sep 1, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #43 of 736
Yes, they're €999 on the German/Austrian site - cheaper to order from the US (works out at about €720). Hopefully they'll come down in price in the EU.

They're definitely going for it with the upgracing terminology. Sounds like a term coined in marketing meeting 5 minutes before a presentation....
Even at the 21% VAT that we have to pay in the Netherlands and the additional import fees if the shipping is less then €100 it's cheaper to import from the US instead of buying it directly from the source ...

Sep 1, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #44 of 736
from the Beyerdynamic site:
" In der dritten Generation überzeugt der T5 mit einer verbesserten, natürlicheren Wiedergabe der oberen Mitten. "

In the third generation, the T5 impresses with an improved, more natural reproduction of the upper mids.

The fixed the dip in the upper mids, which made some voice sound hollow and positioned into the back. There is no comment about making the T5 warmer. There is already way to much mid-bass for my taste.
I agree. The extra bass comment seemed to come from a Beyer rep talking to this site. More bass would almost certainly render the new T5 muddy, but we'll see.

Sep 1, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #45 of 736
Breaking news: I just heard from Beyer regarding the price. Apparently, the US price is a "technical problem" and will likely be elevated soon. So, if you're in the US - or indeed elsewhere - might be worth buying now before Beyer render both EU and US prices 999$/€. Beyer claim the quoted cost is the "wrong price."

Full quote:

"We love them! Regarding the price: we are currently working on this topic. Unfortunately, we had some small technical problems during the launch and the US store still shows wrong prices. Our colleagues are currently working on fixing this error! Greetings, Patricia."

EDIT: prices already raised on US site.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back