Beyerdynamic T1 vs Ultrasone Pro900?
Feb 9, 2010 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

benjamind

100+ Head-Fier
I already own the Pro900. Fantastic phones, best soundstage I've heard in a closed phone and also pretty decent bass.

I was just wondering what the differences are between the Pro900 and the Beyerdynamic T1 phones. I heard the T1 has much more bass than the DT880, but was wondering what difference there is between the T1 and the Pro900 not only in the bass but in other areas?

Ben

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes...I was wondering too. If the T-1 have more bass then the 900, they probably will be the new bass king.

The bass king, is a pair of Grado SR325i headphones with Sennheiser HD25 ear pads!

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass king, is a pair of Grado SR325i headphones with Sennheiser HD25 ear pads!

Where to get those? I mean Sennheiser HD25 ear pads!
beyersmile.png

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 14
I can tell you right now that the PRO900 is almost certainly going to have more bass than the T1. If all you're looking for is bass quantity, stick to closed headphones.

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 14
The T1s are not "bass kings", they are incredibly neutral headphones with slightly (I said slightly) more bass impact than the HD800s and less than the DT880s and HD650s (if memory serves me correctly as I sold them off several months ago).

The Pro900s are fun and bassy headphones and very different than the T1s.

The T1s have deeper, more controlled and detailed bass, but the impact is not anything like the Pro900/D7000/Ed8 or any other fun and bassy headphones.

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The T1s are not "bass kings", they are incredibly neutral headphones with slightly (I said slightly) more bass impact than the HD800s and less than the DT880s and HD650s (if memory serves me correctly as I sold them off several months ago).

Kind of surprised reading that the DT880s and HD650s have more bass impact than the HD800s. I would never say that.

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kind of surprised reading that the DT880s and HD650s have more bass impact than the HD800s. I would never say that.

+1

you'd think $1000 and up cans have a phenomenal bass response system
ph34r.gif

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1

you'd think $1000 and up cans have a phenomenal bass response system
ph34r.gif

confused_face(1).gif

I think you are confusing bass impact with bass quality. The two are very different. The bass is just as the sound engineers and artists intended it to be.

The quality of the bass is much, much better than the DT880s/HD650s. For $1000 headphone I would expect quality not boomy coloured quantity.

The bass response is phenomenal and breathtaking, just not boomy, muddy with huge thuds. You actually hear what's going on down there to such incredible detail that you swear you've never heard before.

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 14
More impact doesnt mean its superior. The Dt880 has a more bass, the HD800 is a more controlled and acurate. The HD800 is by no means a bassy set of cans.

Quote:

confused_face(1).gif

I think you are confusing bass impact with bass quality. The two are very different. The bass is just as the sound engineers and artists intended it to be.

The quality of the bass is much, much better than the DT880s/HD650s. For $1000 headphone I would expect quality not boomy coloured quantity.

The bass response is phenomenal and breathtaking, just not boomy, muddy with huge thuds. You actually hear what's going on down there to such incredible detail that you swear you've never heard before.

May i hate you for this discription?
I was able to push the urge to buy a T1 forward by not bothering too much with reviews/impressions. No i have to fight that urge all over again!

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

How would you compare the bass of the T1's to your RS1i's? As I find the bass between my Kees modded Pro900's and RS1i's to be very similar. How much greater detail are you getting with the T1's when compared to your RS1i's?

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More impact doesnt mean its superior. The Dt880 has a more bass, the HD800 is a more controlled and acurate. The HD800 is by no means a bassy set of cans.

May i hate you for this discription?
I was able to push the urge to buy a T1 forward by not bothering too much with reviews/impressions. No i have to fight that urge all over again!

devil_face.gif

Buhaha!

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #13 of 14
More resolution you have more details you notice therefore bass is there but impact is low due to its high resolution in the whole spectrum right?

P.S. I want T1 soo much
deadhorse.gif

P.P.S. Anybody wants to test his cans for bass, listen to this album Ben Frost - By The Throat

BenFrost_ByTheThroat_375-300x300.jpg

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #14 of 14
The Pro 900 is a fun bassy set of cans. I haven't heard the T1s yet, but FWIR, they are more neutral and accurate sounding. The Pro 900 need at least a moderately powered amp, the T1s will need a good strong one. Other diffs: closed vs. open, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back