Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 (with poll)
Jan 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #16 of 46
God, I hate this type of polls without an option like: "Hey, you can vote even if you haven't heard any of the two, and you will not hear them very soon!" or "Don't know, but I love to..." This way I think the poll will be much more precise...
smily_headphones1.gif

Back to the topic sorry :|

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #18 of 46
Voted for...

I WOULD GIVE my left nut for EITHER HEADPHONE

Feb 19, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #19 of 46
I wonder how many will vote based on just comments they have read about those phones
wink.gif
You should probably make your poll public to limit this a bit.

Feb 19, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #20 of 46
So far, the poll is a tie. Reminds me of:

Hello, good afternoon and welcome to the second leg of the Olympic final of the men's Hide-and-Seek here in the heart of Britain's London. We'll be starting in just a couple of moments from now, and there you can see the two competitors Francisco Huron, the Paraguayan, who in this leg is the seeker (we see Francisco Huron darting about, looking behind things) and there's the man he'll be looking for ... (we see Don Roberts practising hiding) our own Don Roberts from Hinckley in Leicestershire who, his trainer tells me, is at the height of his self-secreting form. And now in the first leg, which ended on Wednesday, Don succeeded in finding the Paraguayan in the new world record time of 11 years, 2 months, 26 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes, 27.4 seconds, in a sweetshop in Kilmarnock. And now they're under starter's orders.

Starter (voice over) On your marks... get set... The starter fires his pistol. Francisco Huron immediately puts his hands over eyes and starts counting.

11 years later:
So here we are on the very last day of this fantastic final. Huron now has less than twelve hours left to find British ace Don Roberts. Early this morning he finished combing the outskirts of Lisbon and now he seems to have staked everything on one final desperate seek here in the Tagus valley. But Roberts is over fifteen hundred miles away, and it's beginning to look all over, bar the shouting. The sands of time are running out. He's still desperately cold and it's beginning to look like another gold for Britain.

The camera shows Huron creeping up on a dustbin. He pauses, snatches off the lid and looks inside. He turns away disappointed then does double take and looks back into the bin. He pulls out a sardine tin with the word 'Sardines' very obvious. Shot of Huron's reaction as he suddenly gets a tremendous idea. He snaps his fingers and hails a taxi and gets in. Cut to plane landing. Francisco cycles past a sign 'Benvenuto a Sardinia'.. Cut to him discarding the bike and running up the hill straight into the castle. He runs along corridors into the right room, up to the pillar and finds Don Roberts skulking behind. They both look very tense as they await the official result, then react in fury and frustration when it is announced by a blazered offical:

Official: The official result of the World Hide-and-Seek, Mr Don Roberts from Hinckley, Leicestershire, 11 years, 2 months, 26 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes, 27 seconds. Mr Francisco Huron, Paraguay, 11 years, a months, 26 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes, 27 seconds. The result - a tie.

Voice Over: A tie! Well, what a fantastic result! And the replay will start tomorrow at 7.30 a.m. ...

Thanks Monty Python for keeping things in perspective!

Kevin

Feb 19, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #21 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by UtzY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God, I hate this type of polls without an option like: "Hey, you can vote even if you haven't heard any of the two, and you will not hear them very soon!" or "Don't know, but I love to..." This way I think the poll will be much more precise...
smily_headphones1.gif

Back to the topic sorry :|

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Why is there no option for: x. I haven't heard either, but I think this charade of democracy by plebiscite is invidious, and I want to vote anyway just for the lulz.
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #22 of 46
This is Y.A.P.O.F.C.A. (Yet Another Poll Only Few Can Answer) near useless and many people who have not owned/heard these headphones will put their thoughts on the poll.

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #23 of 46
In case you missed it:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/hd8...usings-472114/

It pretty much sums up my thoughts on the two. I agree with polls of this nature as many fanboys will vote without having heard both. I would much rather just have an open discussion with those who have.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by paara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no option "I DON'T OWN either of these headphones, and I HAVE NOT TRIED either, but I still want to press something"
frown.gif

Same here
evil_smiley.gif
Probably can't afford either one (sour grapes)

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #25 of 46
Poll: Who makes more polls?

a) DavidMahler
b) All other head-fiers put together

I vote a) and would choose the T1 hearing only the HD800 which I'll never own due to better headphones I have or could have: Grado PS1000, Grado GS1000i, Grado GS1000, Ultrasone Edition 8, Stax Omega II MkI, AKG K1000.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #26 of 46
I own one, am thinking about getting the other, but I need funds to eat.

I grieve over my wallet.

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #27 of 46
Thanks Monty Python for keeping things in perspective!

Kevin[/QUOTE]

biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #29 of 46
I have never heard any of them, I have never heard any headphones with amazing amp, I have never heard tube amp but my intuition tells me that I will enjoy T1 more than hd800 :p

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #30 of 46
I auditioned the HD800 in my home for about 60 days while I reviewed them. I own the T1. I definitely prefer the T1, although both are truly outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back