Beyerdynamic T1 + Good OTL Amp or Audeze LCD-2
Jun 6, 2016 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

risenfallen

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm sure this topic has turned up somewhere but I did some searches and couldn't find a directly relevant comparison so here it is. I'm currently using the T1 (v.1) on my hybrid Millett tube amp and Audio GD Compass. I have not auditioned the LCD-2 for any long period of time but had the chance to try them out at a meet recently and was hooked by their sound. That said, I appreciate the T1 for their ability to be neutral without sounding dry or boring (musical?) but sometimes I miss the intimacy of my former HE-500 or the HD650 with T1. I feel the Millett can drive the T1 quite capably and does smooth out the treble but it's a hybrid amp and everyone's recommending OTL for T1. So I'm eyeing the Feliks Audio Espressivo but I'm not sure what the consensus is with T1+OTL vs LCD-2. Should I invest in OTL amp or should I sidestep to the LCD-2 direction (will probably use them on my Burson or Audio GD SS amp).

Thank you in advance for any comments :)

Jun 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 3
With a 600 ohm headphone a Bottle Head Crack would do many rave about it but it is a diy amp. I wanted to build one but it won't go with my cans. I had a chance to hear it with a pair of HD-650's at Canlanta but didn't get around to it.

Jun 7, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks buke9. I've heard a lot of good thing about the Crack amp but somehow I have the impression it's not as versatile as other OTLs, only ever seen it paired with HD650 and 600 Ohm Beyers, I might be wrong though. Plus I don't like its look, the Feliks amp appeals more to my personal taste and is a great value according to what I've read. At this point, I'm curious on how the T1 fares on OTL vs LCD2 (I'm going try to get a non-fazor if I go that route).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back