BEYERDYNAMIC T1 (GEN2)-600 ohm-listening with no amp and it sounds great so far...(how much better would it be with an amp)
May 4, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 10
What exactly do you plug the T1 into now?

May 4, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 10
It really depends on what you have it plugged into. However I would hazard a guess that even a cheaper amp like the schiit magni would be able to make them sound even better. Since you have been able to get your hands on a really good pair of headphones I would do yourself a favor and not wonder if an amp would be better and just make the small investment and get one for yourself. Unless your laptop has a serious sound card I would look into getting a schiit stack.

May 4, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 10
No guarantees but more then likely yes. Not to mention the stack holds its value very well you can buy it used for around ~180 and then resell it for around that price so all you'd really be out is shipping if it doesn't work out for you.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #8 of 10
I run my DT 990s 250ohm with a Magni Heresy, $100. It is such a ridiculous improvement from straight laptop plug that I wouldn't think twice, although the T1's are 600ohm. Looking into getting some very soon, need to determine how much more I've got to spend for the right sound, leaning tube amp.

Jun 12, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #9 of 10
It should. the Schiit stack (DAC/amp) should offer a better DAC function and more powerful headphone amplifier.
Being the laptop is battery powered, the laptop might limit, how much voltage, the headphone amplifier gets.
So the Schiit Magni would offer more power.

Jun 12, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #10 of 10
i do not have an amp for the t1 gen 2--sounds great now--how much better would it be with one?
Definitely you'd be surprised how much the T1 has to offer with proper amplification. :wink:
Especially with the T1, make sure your preferred amp has enough voltage on its rails.
It should at least output above 10 volts to this impedance beast.

The raw power of an amp didn't tell the whole truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back