Beyerdynamic T1 Audio Amp set up
Sep 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tybritton5

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of T1s on the way, and have a Music Fidelity A5 CD player. I am wondering what further audio devices I should buy: I have an offer on an A5 Amp, but am hesitant to buy it before I am sure that I need it. I was also considering buying the Beyer A1 headphone amp.

Can I simply purchase the A1, and connect it to the A5 CD player, or buy the A5 amp and connect the headphones into it? Or do I need the CD player, the A5 amp, and the A1 Headphone amp all together. I am willing to buy both, however if the cans will still sound awesome without the A5 amp, it would save me quite a bit of money.

Thank you,
Tyle

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I have a pair of T1s on the way, and have a Music Fidelity A5 CD player. I am wondering what further audio devices I should buy: I have an offer on an A5 Amp, but am hesitant to buy it before I am sure that I need it. I was also considering buying the Beyer A1 headphone amp.
Can I simply purchase the A1, and connect it to the A5 CD player, or buy the A5 amp and connect the headphones into it? Or do I need the CD player, the A5 amp, and the A1 Headphone amp all together. I am willing to buy both, however if the cans will still sound awesome without the A5 amp, it would save me quite a bit of money.
Thank you,
Tyle

Your A5 CD player is a quality source but you will need a headphone amp to use the T1's. There are lots of choices in headphone amps (including the one from Beyer). You really do not have to spend another $2500 to enjoy your T1's. There are many fine tube and solid state headphone amps available under $1000 that will do a fine job. Assuming all your music is being played back through your CD player you really don't need anything more than a good headphone amp to enjoy. If you look through the main thread on the T1's you will find lots of example of headphone amps paired with the T1's and user opinions. I own the T1's and love them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #3 of 8
Chodi,

Thank you for your reply. As a fellow T1 owner I will certainly trust your judgment. I was looking at the Beyerdynamic A1, which so far I have seen no strictly negative thread posts about. But I will dig deeper and see what others have to say about other amps. I imagine I will enjoy them very much, as the philosophy behind their sound to me seems perfect. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Chodi,

Thank you for your reply. As a fellow T1 owner I will certainly trust your judgment. I was looking at the Beyerdynamic A1, which so far I have seen no strictly negative thread posts about. But I will dig deeper and see what others have to say about other amps. I imagine I will enjoy them very much, as the philosophy behind their sound to me seems perfect. 

Obviously the Beyer amp mates well with the Beyer T1......but I suggest that many including myself find the T1's to mate particularly well with a tube headphone amp. I am using LaFigaro 332C which is a really good match. Many have reported the Woo Audio WA2 great with the T1's. Both of those amps are available for very reasonable price. If you prefer solid state you might check into the Audio gd line as it represents a great value and is often reviewed on this forum. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Obviously the Beyer amp mates well with the Beyer T1......but I suggest that many including myself find the T1's to mate particularly well with a tube headphone amp. I am using LaFigaro 332C which is a really good match. Many have reported the Woo Audio WA2 great with the T1's. Both of those amps are available for very reasonable price. If you prefer solid state you might check into the Audio gd line as it represents a great value and is often reviewed on this forum. 

I'll second the recommendation for the Woo WA2.  A couple of years ago at the CanJam in Chicago, the Woo room had a WA2 paired with the Beyer T1 and at least for me, it was the best sound at the show.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes, it seems like the majority of T1 owners use tube amps. It seems like we have a winner. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back