Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Gen) Headband Foam Showing
Feb 6, 2021 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

piglet

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All

I really love my Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Gen) headphones which I've owned since August 2019. However the foam for the headband is showing on the inner sides of both sides. It has been like this for quite some time actually. It is difficult to describe exactly so here is a picture:

Beyerdynamic Foam Problem - 1.jpeg

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and if there is some kind of fix. Is it likely to get worse?

I know that the first generation of these headphones had leather headbands and I wish they had stuck with that for the second generation and not gone for this cheaper option.

Thank you.

Feb 11, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 6
Has this not happened to anyone else's Beyerdynamic headphones?

I think this same headband is used on a number of Beyerdynamic headphones.

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 6
I’ve had this problem on my Gen 2 and wouldn’t be surprised if it happens on my Gen 3. It’s a design fault of the headband and honestly they should’ve changed the headband on the gen 3 but it’s not different enough to make me think it won’t happen to it. I think it happens on certain head types/shapes as it doesn’t seem to happen to everyone.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 6
I’ve had this problem on my Gen 2 and wouldn’t be surprised if it happens on my Gen 3. It’s a design fault of the headband and honestly they should’ve changed the headband on the gen 3 but it’s not different enough to make me think it won’t happen to it. I think it happens on certain head types/shapes as it doesn’t seem to happen to everyone.
It is a shame that it does this. I love these headphones but it is a shame they have this flaw. I think it is just poor cheap design unfortunately.

Feb 12, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #6 of 6
I would contact Beyerdynamic. To my knowledge they have repair service
I might check that out. However I think what I'd really like is a long lasting solution, Beyerdynamic would presumably replace the headband with a new one and that would only start to come apart after a while I suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back