BEYERDYNAMIC T1.2-cheapest amp?
Apr 30, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 8
Maybe a budget range would be good to know even though I don’t have those headphones but I do have some old AKG’s that are 600 ohm that I could try with some of the amps I have if that would help ?

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 8
It seems Beyers work better with solid-state amps. Different from Sennheisers. Let me know if any one thinks otherwise. There's a lot of inexpensive solid-state amps out there that can drive t1.2 as they are not particularly difficult to drive. Schiit has low cost amp like Magni. JDS Labs. Massdrop has amps, etc.. Just do a bit of research to figure out which ones fits your needs. Learn about power output capability of amps, etc.. Maximum power output at specific headphone impedance values.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 8
You'll be fine with any of the entry-level amps from Schiit (Magni), JDS Labs (Atom) or Monoprice (Liquid Spark).

May 2, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 8
It seems Beyers work better with solid-state amps. Different from Sennheisers. Let me know if any one thinks otherwise. There's a lot of inexpensive solid-state amps out there that can drive t1.2 as they are not particularly difficult to drive. Schiit has low cost amp like Magni. JDS Labs. Massdrop has amps, etc.. Just do a bit of research to figure out which ones fits your needs. Learn about power output capability of amps, etc.. Maximum power output at specific headphone impedance values.

Honestly having tried solid state, hybrid, and OTL Tube with Beyers, I find they don't seem to be too fickle in regards to type of amp, they like solid state amps just as much as tube amps. Though in regards to Schiit, haven't heard the newest Magni's, but the Asgard 3 does quite nicely with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back