Beyerdynamic T1 1st generation
May 14, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 11
Hey there head-fiers, I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the headband on their t1's. Also if anyone has modded their t1's to xlr please advise me as I am trying to do that mod soon.

Removing the headband is simple, it’s the same as many other Beyers but with no headband cable so even easier. On the little plastic pieces that connect the yoke and earcups simply unscrew those and the headband and yokes will come off. I believe they use a type of star screw.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 11
Removing the headband is simple, it’s the same as many other Beyers but with no headband cable so even easier. On the little plastic pieces that connect the yoke and earcups simply unscrew those and the headband and yokes will come off. I believe they use a type of star screw.
unfortunately i dont see any screws on mine are they hidden under the plastic?

May 14, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 11
unfortunately i dont see any screws on mine are they hidden under the plastic?

Right here, circled in red.

t1.jpg

May 14, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 11
ok i see well maybe i should be more specific then. What I actually want to replace is just the foam part. Is that possible?

Sadly I think you have to replace the whole headband assembly to replace that as I don’t really see any way to replace the foam like on the Pro models. The Amiron Home has the same problem.

May 15, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #9 of 11
Yeah it is, there's just no screws to dissemble that part, it's annoying because the serial number is on the headband.

The plastic parts that hold the arms to the headband can be removed but it breaks them. You then have to buy that assembly again (it clips together internally). So you can replace the padding but it is not as easy as the DTxxx pro series.

Ask Beyerdynamic for the service manual.

May 15, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #10 of 11
The plastic parts that hold the arms to the headband can be removed but it breaks them. You then have to buy that assembly again (it clips together internally). So you can replace the padding but it is not as easy as the DTxxx pro series.

Ask Beyerdynamic for the service manual.

Oh okay, so that basically means replacing the whole headband assembly is easier than doing that and the part with the serial number has to be replaced either way; it just costs more to replace the whole assembly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back