Beyerdynamic T1 1st Gen vs 2nd
Oct 1, 2016 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ultrasonefan

Head-Fier
Hello dear Head-fi community, i just purchased a nearly new Beyerdynamic T1 for around 400 Euros, its a 1st gen model, my question is, is their a huge upgrade in the 2nd model ? Is the bass really that much more detailed and low ?. I prefer the T1 over the Sennheiser HD 800 because its warmer and "thicker" sounding and because the staging is more accurate.
The Beyer peak only annoys me on certain tracks, but on others it adds a magical sparkle. The T1s are one of the best headphones I ever heard. Would it be a good idea to sell my loved t1s and buy the 2nd generation?
Thanks!

If yes please list some differences if you can, I only care about sound!

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 4
Hello dear Head-fi community, i just purchased a nearly new Beyerdynamic T1 for around 400 Euros, its a 1st gen model, my question is, is their a huge upgrade in the 2nd model ? Is the bass really that much more detailed and low ?. I prefer the T1 over the Sennheiser HD 800 because its warmer and "thicker" sounding and because the staging is more accurate.
The Beyer peak only annoys me on certain tracks, but on others it adds a magical sparkle. The T1s are one of the best headphones I ever heard. Would it be a good idea to sell my loved t1s and buy the 2nd generation?
Thanks!

If yes please list some differences if you can, I only care about sound!

I own both, so maybe I can be of some help.
In my opinion, the T1.2 bass lacks some of the detail of the T1 and i'm not sure if it's any lower. It's more like the T1.2 bass is a little more forward and a bit more full. I also believe the T1.2 upper bass may be bleeding into the lower mids resulting in the mid range sounding a little off at times. However, the soundstage and separation of the original do remain intact. It's a little more fun sounding compared to the T1 but not as true to the recording.
I think it would be more of a lateral move than upgrade and auditioning the T1.2 before making any decisions would be a good idea.Now understand, this is the opinion of a fifty seven year old who's hearing is probably not what it use to be so take it with a big old grain of salt.

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for this really nice and detailed reply! I still bet that your hearing is more precise than mine,Im 17, so I just started this Passion and my hearing isn't as well trained as yours.

I will audition the 2nd gen soon side by side with my T1.
The T1 is a perfect contrast to my Ultrasone Signature DJ so i might keep the more analytical version. I will try both side by side though to draw a conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back