Beyerdynamic question and doubts before buy
Apr 21, 2020 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Baoh

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, first of all ty for the hard work in this forum, I love the
https://www.head-fi.org/articles/a-...ne-buying-guide-for-newbies-by-boomana.12330/
article :)

However, in this time where you must stay at home for virus :) I would like to sit down and enjoy of my music collection with my Hi-FI amply.

I have Yamaha AV 880 amply with:
Headphone Jack Rated Output / Impedance
• AV 2 etc. (1 kHz, 50 mV, 8 ohm) 100 mV/560 ohm

I would like to buy Headphone for it. In my family we listen from Heavy Metal/Epic Metal (then a fast double bass drum - orchestra etc.) (me) and pop (Doughter and Girlfriend), however I don't really like the BOOM bass.
I have search on the web and I see so many Headphone: sennheiser 660s - hifiman sundara - shure 1840.

But I have read, also in this forum about Beyerdynamic. Never hear them but it seams they aree a good choice and I would like to try to buy one.
But which one? (no price problem)
Amiron Home - Beyerdynamic T1 (2 gen) or 1990 PRO?

There are so many people that say 1990 PRO are good like the other two headphone but form the official site, they say that the 1990 PRO are for smartphone. And Amiron and T1 are for Hi Fi amply.

Could you pls help me?
What about Your experience?
Tyyyyyyy

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #2 of 9
Hey, welcome on this most horrible forum!

First of all, what is your maximum budget and what are your preferences and or requirements? I have the Amiron Home and it's a very amazing headphone. Very detailed bass and very laid back too. I use it as my main headphone for everything, even with my phone when watching Netflix and movies. It's efficient enough to use it for portable devices.

I wanted to get the DT1990 Pro too but others explained it's very bright and has sibilance which I'm sensitive for. Sibilance means very strong hiss, loud "s". So I dropped it.

I wanted the T1.2 too but I was afraid my devices won't be powerfull enough to drive it and my goal is to use a headphone for all my devices. So got the T5p 2nd gen instead. Love it too, very less fatiguing while you can hear all the details. This odd duck uses them all for everything...

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #3 of 9
Hi CTR640, no budget problem (I found online some good price for all 3 the headphone) and I will use the Headphone only with Hi-Fi Amply non in smarpthone

I would like to understand if my Amply are power enought to drive the T1 2nd gen. But in this forum I have read a tread where many people say that 1990 Pro si better then the T1...

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #4 of 9
Yes, it can drive the T1.2

Apr 21, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #5 of 9
Hi Boah. I had the dt1990 and i have the t1.2nd.

The dt1990 is a good headphone. But i find it hard for everyday use. The will show every flaw with the recording. They are very forward in the presentation, detail and vocals can be overwhelming sometimes. They still sound amazing (fast tesla drivers). I missed them so much that i decide to buy them again!

The t1.2nd is more natural sounding. The T1.2nd wins for me in sound presentation because of the angle drivers, they add a depth to the music. The bass is good, the vocals are warm and angelic. I was running them with the stock cable with the thx789, with this setup I find them warm. I bought an aftermarket balanced cable, and they change for good. I lost some bass and spherical representation, for some boosted treble, openness sound and somewhat clear bass. The don't clamp as much as the dt1990.

I would say you should buy both and decide by yourself :) .
As beyerdynamic stated, dt1990 studio headphone and t1.2nd audiophile headphone.

Apr 21, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #6 of 9
Hi Boah. I had the dt1990 and i have the t1.2nd.

The dt1990 is a good headphone. But i find it hard for everyday use. The will show every flaw with the recording. They are very forward in the presentation, detail and vocals can be overwhelming sometimes. They still sound amazing (fast tesla drivers). I missed them so much that i decide to buy them again!

The t1.2nd is more natural sounding. The T1.2nd wins for me in sound presentation because of the angle drivers, they add a depth to the music. The bass is good, the vocals are warm and angelic. I was running them with the stock cable with the thx789, with this setup I find them warm. I bought an aftermarket balanced cable, and they change for good. I lost some bass and spherical representation, for some boosted treble, openness sound and somewhat clear bass. The don't clamp as much as the dt1990.

I would say you should buy both and decide by yourself :) .
As beyerdynamic stated, dt1990 studio headphone and t1.2nd audiophile headphone.

Hi Alfredo, I will pilot the Headphone only by Yamaha Amplify. Then I think I will try to find the T1 if i can't find them in a lower street price i will go to Pro 1990.

Are they also fast in response (as I have write I listen so many Heavy metal music :wink:)

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #8 of 9
I listen to metal. But I dont know if they are good for it. They are fast and detailed, but i think for metal people recommend planar headphones. Take a look at this thread, it is very helpful.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headphones-for-metal-music-ultimate-solution.715478/
I'm reading and there is so much important notes, but for example I know that the HIfiman soffer from hardware issue, so many people have broken the speaker or the glue of the earphone was broken. Then I have decide to not buy them.
For the focal Elear, was my second choise, but now I can reconside them. It semas they are good for metal.
But in oneesty the T1 have caught my attention.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back