BeyerDynamic MMX-101 vs Grado iGi
Oct 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Erling

New Head-Fier
Just got a pair of Grado iGi's that I decided to try as replacement for my BeyerDynamic MMX-101's that I've never liked. Interesting as they're in the same price bracket. I was hesitant since some people clearly don't like the iGi's, but got a really good deal on this pair. For me - what a difference! If someone told me the Grado's cost three times more than the Beyer's, I'd believe them. I don't know the lingo too well, but they are so much more open in the presentation, larger soundstage. The treble is a little sharp, but I expect that will settle down... whereas the BeyerDynamic's never opened up and remain very muddy and unexiting after 100+ hours. 

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 3
I love mine! I don't know whether to upgrade to more expensive Grado IEM's or just be happy with these. But I'm a treblehead. But two things: they were sharper in the beginning. And also: do you use the supplied Comply foams (the black cones)? I think they make a lot of difference. I love the clarity of the treble of these, but that's different from the painful treble you experience. Hope they get better for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back