Beyerdynamic Manufactured DT770's
Aug 2, 2007 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Ech0

100+ Head-Fier
I just received the Beyer dt770's that I ordered through the manufacture page on the web. I'm very impressed with Beyerdynamics service. When I ordered these, Beyer provided me with a confirmation email indicating a “delivery date” of August 1. I assumed that would be a guess and I wasn't really looking to see the phones for another week or so. Needless to say I was surprised when they showed up right on time.

Anyway, I bought the 250 ohm version in a black and silver theme and am using leather earpads at the moment. I also got some velour ones too. I'd love to post my impressions regarding the sound, but, being inexperienced in the headphone arena I'll just say I like the sound better than the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro's I was using previously (not a fair comparison I know). I was afraid of “overwhelming bass” but thats not the case IMO. While the dt770's don't isolate as well as the 280's they sure are a heck of a lot more comfortable. My main concern was sound leaking out and in that respect they are good (my wife can't hear what I'm listening to).

I'd like to blame
wink.gif
, I mean thank, trose49 because it was his post of the manufactured dt990's that got me thinking of buying a pair of customized headphones from Beyer directly.

Now I've got to do something with all the parts I have laying in my garage for a Millet Max build. BTW, I'm using a SOHA amp with the dt770's at the moment.

The common joke here “sorry about your wallet” certainly has a lot of truth to it.

Thanks guys/gals great site.

Ech0
580smile.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ueyteuor
hey, i got my dt770s today as well! how do you like them?

I've had them on all evening. They're more fun to listen to than the Senn 280 Pro's which is the only other headphone I've listened to. I'm going to try to do some more critical listening to be able to give some "newb" impressions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Massacre
We want PICTURES!

Will do, I'll post some tomorrow. I'm a lousy photographer though.
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 17
$41.00 USD.

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 17
righteg1.jpg

frontrs2.jpg

leftya1.jpg

Ech0

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #9 of 17
Oooooo gorgeous!
basshead.gif

They look great on that WooAudio stand! (I'm not jealous, because I have one, too!)

I think you'll like the 770. It's great fun.

I wish other manufacturers offered the same kind of customization possibilities as Beyerdynamic does....................

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #11 of 17
Hey, thanks guys.

I was going to burn them in with pink noise, but, I think I'll just keep listening to them and let them burn in naturally. Having too much fun with them at the moment.
basshead.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #13 of 17
Damn you! This may be a future purchase...

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn you! This may be a future purchase...

LOL
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #15 of 17
oooooooooo you got those newer version ones! i only got the old ones, and 80 ohm version. anyways, i just amped them right now, and omg, they make a huge difference, sound is nicer, louder, everything is so nice (using only a pimeta x)

DSC09790.jpg

DSC09789.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back