Beyerdynamic "lifting" their current top sellers...
Nov 3, 2005 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

smuh

500+ Head-Fier
I dont know if anybody noticed this but most beyerdynamic cans got a fenzy new look:

dt 880

9b9b80dcbe.jpg

dt 990

f71874abe2.jpg

dt 770

b459e00e5b.jpg

do you like them? I don't!
eek.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 39
I think that the new design of the dt880 is extremely ugly.

It looks more like some toy for kids

But that’s just my opinion...
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 4:57 PM Post #3 of 39
Just get it woodied from larry!!!

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 39
I much prefer old style of DT880, but I wouldn't refuse a new pair of DT880s based on their looks. Of course, if the "updated" DT880 sounds better than the ones I have, I'm going to be very pissed.
icon10.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greisen
I think that the new design of the dt880 is extremely ugly.

Agreed! Totally ugly. Looks like they're trying to add the Audio-Technica and Sennheiser looks into the mix, and it just comes up a mess... almost but not quite as ugly as Sony CD3ks! (no offense, Sovkiller
biggrin.gif
).

Glad I'm getting my DT880s now... very glad.

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #7 of 39
Do they really look that bad? I don't particularly like the wierdish color on the new 880's (that may just be me), but I don't think they look totally ugly. I actually kind of like the rounded edges, maybe a tad too big in the hips, but the curves are quite nice.
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 39
Too much "curvaceous" electronics nowadays IMO, and it cheapens the look. I think the original DT880 are "serious" looking, like they should be in a recording studio or something... these are not.

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Too much "curvaceous" electronics nowadays IMO, and it cheapens the look. I think the original DT880 are "serious" looking, like they should be in a recording studio or something... these are not.

Well, I guess I can agree with that. And you are right, the new 880's definitely do not look like they belong in a "serious/down-to-business" work environment.

I still think like the more rounded edges...I guess I'm just trying to soften the blow to whomever designed these new 'phones!
biggrin.gif
Sorry Beyer, I guess this new stuff just doesn't cut the mustard.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #12 of 39
The older DT880 looks way better, IMHO. I do not like the new DT880 looks.

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch
I much prefer old style of DT880, but I wouldn't refuse a new pair of DT880s based on their looks. Of course, if the "updated" DT880 sounds better than the ones I have, I'm going to be very pissed.
icon10.gif

I actually just got an email back from Beyer saying that the looks have been changed, but the sound will remain the same (they responded rather quickly too, and politely!). I can't help but think that the difference in ohms available in the custom versions would have to make a difference though. Someone else was told a different response from a Beyer dealer in a different thread, but that is the response I got from info@beyerdynamic.de.

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch

Oh well, atleast its not like DT880i and all white and ready for ipod use.

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
Oh well, atleast its not like DT880i and all white and ready for ipod use.

Haha, MOST definitely. Even better, did you play around with the configurator? I messed around with the German version a month or so back...all I can say is who in their right mind would want bright red/yellow domes covering their ears with a matching red headband? They had an incredibly cheap look to them, not to mention the were gaudy as all get out...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back