beyerdynamic is looking for testers who want to check-out our new flagship in-ear!
Mar 31, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #76 of 130
Good luck to everyone who asked to review the headphone. I look forward to all the reviews.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #77 of 130
Bummer, I just saw this today. I was hoping that my username would have given me a leg up on the competition. :) I've had Beyers for almost 15 years now and they've always been some of the most comfortable headphones you could buy. Very curious to see how the reviews come back!

P.S. I voted for "Other" since Etymotic Research wasn't on the list. I've had the ER4 since 10/2004 and have recommended it to many friends and family. While the triple flange tips work fine for me and my old roommate who introduced me to Etymotic Research, others were not happy with comfort levels. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #78 of 130
I just saw this today, too. I love my DTX 71s.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #79 of 130

will the winners be announced in this thread? 

It's more likely that each winner will receive a PM, and the thread will be closed after a short message saying that winners have been picked. Sometimes companies take precautions to conceal the identities of those chosen until their reviews are published so nobody heckles them.

Let the heckling commence! 
evil_smiley.gif

(plz no)

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #80 of 130

will the winners be announced in this thread? 

It's more likely that each winner will receive a PM, and the thread will be closed after a short message saying that winners have been picked. Sometimes companies take precautions to conceal the identities of those chosen until their reviews are published so nobody heckles them.

Let the heckling commence! 
evil_smiley.gif

(plz no)

We will announce the winner after reviews are uploaded. According to time schedule about end of April.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #81 of 130
They may be referring to people chosen to do the review when they say "winners." 

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #82 of 130
Ah, just checked the first post - very bummed to not be chosen, but congratulations and good luck to those who were. 

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #83 of 130
Looking forward to reviewing these very much, this is a really cool thing for Beyerdynamic to do, most of the time it is only established reviewers for media outlets that get to review stuff.

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #84 of 130
Of the 10 chosen, 7 have never reviewed any gear on this site, 1 has 1 review only - and then there are Greq and ClieOS with experience in reviewing. Interesting choices.

Look forward to the reviews when they come.

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #86 of 130
Happy listening to the reviewers selected, I look forward to the reviews.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #88 of 130
Of the 10 chosen, 7 have never reviewed any gear on this site, 1 has 1 review only - and then there are Greq and ClieOS with experience in reviewing. Interesting choices.

Look forward to the reviews when they come.

Everybody has to start somewhere.  I hope they enjoy evaluating the DX 160 iE!  I'm curious how it sounds since I may get one in the future based on the reviews (and impressions of other Head-Fi members when it's released).

popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #89 of 130
2 experienced reviewers with 8 new reviewers. Sounds like a good marketing mix :). If they had picked 10 people who have owned and reviewed a swack of headphones they would have had 10 reviews that spent all their time comparing the DX 160 to other headphones, dissecting the sound of the headphone versus just enjoying (or not) the sound of the headphone and why. Not to mention if the reviewers were used to more expensive gear. Also new reviewers are usually an excited bunch and motivated by the chance to be a part of something new. All excellent reasons for Beyerdynamics to choose the respective reviewers. I look forward to what is written.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #90 of 130
2 experienced reviewers

LOL
I hope nobody mistakes 'experienced' with 'good' - my reviews are pretty awful compared to some of the masterpieces around here. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back