beyerdynamic introduces DTX 300 p foldable headphone
Feb 15, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #37 of 83
I agree with priest on that one. The folding-joints look quite sturdy. BUT the lack of strain relief really is quite astonishing, thinking that this company does produce some high end gear. I would definately give them a try IF they had strain-relief...

Feb 16, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #40 of 83
Ugh, another "is it made in china" question... just go back 20-30 years and people like this were saying everything made in Japan was plastic toys and inferior copies of western electronics. Listen, just cause some Chinese factories cut corners doesn't mean everything made here is crap!! Chinese workers are capable of producing high quality goods in any industry. Wait another 20 years and see what you have to say about China then...

About the headphones, if they can't make a $350 portable sound good, I doubt this one will be some kind of miracle...

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #41 of 83
What was the $350 portable that didn't sound good? And do you know how many portables Beyer has made that do sound good? 

As for the made in China thing, I think it's that people don't qualify what they mean. Maybe they're xenophobes, or maybe it's just that they's concerned about exploitation and zero quality control. But yeah, it's not all exploitation for the cheapest price. I know some music instrument manufacturers there who are pretty darn great and treat their employees like you should treat skilled labor. And let's not forget all the fine audiophile products coming from there made by people who care. :)

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #43 of 83
Quote:
Ugh, another "is it made in china" question... just go back 20-30 years and people like this were saying everything made in Japan was plastic toys and inferior copies of western electronics. Listen, just cause some Chinese factories cut corners doesn't mean everything made here is crap!! Chinese workers are capable of producing high quality goods in any industry. Wait another 20 years and see what you have to say about China then...

About the headphones, if they can't make a $350 portable sound good, I doubt this one will be some kind of miracle...

FiiO hails from China, right? Their products are great, at least. 

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #44 of 83
For god sake, look on the back of most products and you will see a 'made in China' sticker. 

What a lot of people don't realise is companies get away with putting a 'made in US or UK etc' label for just packing the unit and supplying the instruction and warrenty - most if not all the parts can still be made in China.

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #45 of 83
these look good, interested in getting a pair when i have some money maybe. At the moment i have hd238's which are good for walking around but are open, and panasonic rp-htx7's for on the bus and travelling. Wouldnt mind a pair of portables, maybe better than the rp-htx7, easier to transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back