beyerdynamic headsets - Need help
May 24, 2020 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rizio

New Head-Fier
Hi,I'm debating if I should buy the beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250ohm) or beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (80ohm).
I wanna ask a few questions:
1. Since I live with 3 people in my apartment,sometimes it can get very noisy. How good is the Noise Cancellation on the DT 990 Pro's. For example if there are people speaking will I still be able to hear them if I have DT 990 Pro's on.
2a. Is an Amplifier a must if you have DT 990 Pro's? If so will the "Fiio E10K Heaphone Amplifier" work?
2b. If I buy the beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's, Will I still need to buy an Amplifier? I have the "MSI Z390-A PRO" motherboard.
3. If you were to pick which headset you were to buy between these two,which one would it be and why?
Thanks guys.

May 24, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi, i speak as an owner of the dt 990 pro.

1) There is no noise cancellation on dt 990 pro. They are an open headphones so you hear pretty everything around, yes you will be able to hear people speaking with them

2a) Yes you definitely need an amp to drive them. Yes the fiio e10k will work, i used them with that for a few time. But if you wanna fully drive them you need a more powerful amp, i bought a schiit magni 3+ amp and used the fiio as a dac. With this setup you will drive them at full power. You can drive them with the fiio if you want anyway, they sound good with that but not at their full potential

2b) I don't know, probably not but if you buy the fiio for the dt 770 pro you definitely improve the sound, and at their full potential this time with only that. I don't know your motherboard so don't know how powerful that is

3) For your purpose I would say dt 770 pro because they are close and have better isolation. And maybe with the fiio e10k (again, don't know your motherboard but the fiio with impedance until 150ohms works really great).

Hope I was clear, not native english speaker, sorry

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 7
As an owner of DT770 and Fiio E10K, the E10K provides a lot of power despite the specs saying up to 150ohm. So if noise is an issue: DT770 it is.
If you plan on buying the E10K, check first if your motherboards audio is enough before buying it.

May 24, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 7
DT990 = open back, with no isolation. Would also disturb those around you.

DT770 = closed back, with good isolation, and lots of bass. If you get the DT770 in 32 ohm form, you can run it off of most things, w/o an amp, though an amp would definitely improve the sound.

May 24, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 7
so I guess DT770 Pro (80ohm) + E10K Amp is gonna probably be the best. Also how can I check if my PC can run the E10K amp? @CTR640
The E10K is an usb amp, it will work on any pc/laptop. Just plug it in your pc using usb and you're set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back