beyerdynamic HAPPY HOLIDAY Promotion in the U.S. and Canada - get 15% discount until January 2, 2012
Dec 22, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 17
Why is a European company only offering this discount to the North American market?

Is this inverse xenophobia?!?

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #8 of 17
Why only in the USA and Canada, bdusa? Head-Fi is an international forum for headphone enthusiasts worldwide. Why not offer all Head-Fi'ers a discount?

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #9 of 17
Ditto.

Quote:
NIce to see some discount, but 15% is not all that much imo.
At least not enough for me.

This discount isn't exclusive to Head-Fi, so whether HF is an international forum is irrelevant. Bdusa is only posting this on HF to let members know about it.

Quote:
Why only in the USA and Canada, bdusa? Head-Fi is an international forum for headphone enthusiasts worldwide. Why not offer all Head-Fi'ers a discount?

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:

yea im from Australia too, kinda feel third rated... you get special colors and discount at the same time, never happened here before.

Especially with the strong aussie dollar, you'd think they'd actually want our money. Eitherway I've put through for a custom DT880/600 :D
Just would've been good with a Chrissy discount.

Quote:
They would need a hell of a lot more of a discount to compete with any other internet source.  15% a deal is not.

Can you get custom BD hp's elsewhere though?

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #13 of 17
American market always gets the best deal. If a product is, say, a $129 we'd pay a 129 euros. It's worse with the rebates. I now know why sandisk memory cards are fairly expensive in Europe, it's to pay for all the rebates on the american market.

But.. by far the weirdest is warranty. I remember when I was looking at a pair of Nikon binoculairs. 25 years warranty in the USA and the bare legal minimum 2 years in Europe. Exact same binoculairs!

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #14 of 17
The beyer dt990 was recommended to my and I was excited to see a little discount on them (50$ off a 350$ headphone isn't bad) but shipping to Canada is a flat 35$ =/ Kinda sucks for me... Caught between these and the HE-400 headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back