beyerdynamic finally emailed me back today...
Sep 30, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
You know that beyer guy could have just emailed "Leather" and be done with it hehe. End of sept to play with an english custom Beyer site? alright!

It's already October tomorrow...No English site nor service yet...I'll be happier if they keep the price with stock model. I'm not too crazy about customization if this is a loop hole to jack up the prices of these headphones.

Sep 30, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
It's already October tomorrow...No English site nor service yet...I'll be happier if they keep the price with stock model. I'm not too crazy about customization if this is a loop hole to jack up the prices of these headphones.

Hey, you're right. Where's our custom site?
confused.gif

Sep 30, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
I love all this Beyer talk. My DT990 Pros are my favourite headphones.

I do miss those.. I have tried other 990 but those have a "magic" to them. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

This thread is Great info- Thanks for relaying! I will be one to admit that I will order one of each flavor 770, 880, 990. I can't wait to see the photo thread when these start shipping.
rockOn !

Sep 30, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 43
'the manufaktur' rocks. I like that they're letting you customize stuff - makes it worth getting new ones over used ones. Although, you can make some mighty ugly cans with that thing.
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #21 of 43
This is what they really look like:
DT 880
DT 990

Photos were taken at IFA. They're a little dark though.

Sep 30, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby B.
This is what they really look like:
DT 880
DT 990

Photos were taken at IFA. They're a little dark though.

Remids me of a next gen car restyling. Keeping the old cues but making it smoother and more modern. Good stuff.

Oct 1, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass
Remids me of a next gen car restyling. Keeping the old cues but making it smoother and more modern. Good stuff.

actually, it just looks like they put on some weight.
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
actually, it just looks like they put on some weight.
biggrin.gif

Just like a lot of cars these days (bigger engines, taller roofline)

Jan 3, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #25 of 43
Did anybody order AND receive their customized cans done via the Beyer Configurator?

DT770 easily adds up to 260euros with some customisations. And if the sound signature is indeed the same (i.e. same internals as told by Beyer)...

So, anybody order a pair of low impedance customized DT770/880/990 via the configurator?

Jan 3, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #27 of 43
Damn, I wish I'd not seen this thread!

biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
Did anybody order AND receive their customized cans done via the Beyer Configurator?

DT770 easily adds up to 260euros with some customisations. And if the sound signature is indeed the same (i.e. same internals as told by Beyer)...

So, anybody order a pair of low impedance customized DT770/880/990 via the configurator?

I have the same query as you.

Jan 4, 2006 at 10:53 AM Post #29 of 43
Ok, what the heck.

I ordered customised DT770/32Ohm at 262 euros.

If they arrive and are crap (I'm expecting them to be), I can at least be frank and say so.

It'll hopefully save a lot of grief from people who think that the sound will magically have transformed, now that the cosmetics are different
smily_headphones1.gif

Then again, if they are good, I'm in for a nice surprise
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 1:09 PM Post #30 of 43
halcyon: that is so kind of you to bite the bullet for the rest of the community!
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to your impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back