Beyerdynamic DTX41 iE Review & Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2014 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tail

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't found any review here (nor anywhere else) about this entry in ear model from Beyerdynamic so I thought of starting this thread to help people who are interested in those but can't read anything about them :)

I bought them recently for gym and they sound pretty ok for the price I guess, but I can't fairly compare them to some other same priced earphones since my main in ear are lot better and lot higher priced, so no point in comparing to them. Will compare them to similarly priced Sennheiser CX300 that are I guess their biggest competition soon.

Anyone tried them? How are they comparing to ~50$ price range competition?

May 17, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 3
A little bit late to the party better late than never i guess. So here goes:-

I owned the CX300 and Audio Technica ATH-CKM55. I just got my hands on the DTX 41 iE a couple of weeks ago.

Of all the three, I have to say I like the sound of the Beyerdynamic more. The Sennheiser is more hard hitting, more bass but the delivery is much more harsher. The treble is much more metallic which I hate a lot. The Audio Technica sounds much warmer and it has oodles of bass. However, the bass lack control and tend to dominate the music. Its delivery is also much more slower. Both earphones lack details especially during the complex part of the music. 

The DTX41 sounds much smoother, its delivery is much faster and very much easier to the ears. It has bass of course but it is much more in control. You can hear details and instruments seldom got mixed up in confusion during complex part of the music. However, they do require quite substantial amplifier for them to shine. Unfortunately most portable player nowadays have really weak amplifier so if you use any of those, you definitely won't get to hear the DTX at its fullest potential. You will need something like a headphone amplifier or older discman/mp3 player model where they don't have the crappy battery saving features.

I have several Panasonic discmans that I used the phone with. The best one is SL-CT590. It doesn't have MP3 feature but its built in amp is quite strong and is a well match for the DTX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back