Beyerdynamic DTX 501p cushion change - how?
Jul 25, 2023 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hazmat

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm trying to change the cushions on my headphones but had no idea how. It seems the flap on the back of the cushion has to go inside the very thin channel on the headphone, but I have no idea how to get it in all the way around. I got these from eBay.

Thanks!

IMG_1191.JPG

Jul 26, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Have you changed pads on other headphones before?

Jul 26, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes. My Alessandros (Grado) where the foam just wraps around the earphone parts and my AKG K550 where it has a notch that you slide the back lip over and then just turn it and it basically does it for you as you turn it. No idea what I'm supposed to do with the Beyerdynamics. I think the lip of the pad has to go in the very thin slot around the phones, but no idea how to get it in and then all the way around.

Jul 26, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 4
It's just like the one with the notch, only it requires more elbow grease. Insert on one edge and start rolling.

It'll either slip on at the end or you'll be left with some material out. If that happens, just pull that over and beyond the thin groove. Then twist some more and it should slide into place.

Some Dekoni videos might help. There's no fun or easy way to get them on. For ZMF pads, those can be rolled over like a sock and flipped onto the groove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back