Beyerdynamic DT990 vs Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X
Mar 26, 2018 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Shiifty.

New Head-Fier
Hello. Looking for a pair of headphones. Semi-Pro gamer in Rainbow Six Siege, so good sound and a large soundstage is very important to me. Second is music, where my prefrence is rap. Not a crazy basshead though. I like the price and soundstage and not needing an amp for the Audio Technica, but will the not much bass be sufficent for rap music and gaming? Or will i need to spend a bit more on the 990s and an amp? Other suggestions? Thank you.

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 7
The AD900x does great for gaming but not so much for rap and the like. I would think with your particulars that you would be better off with a DT990. You can get an appropriate amp for as little as a hundred bucks, give or take.

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #5 of 7
Hello. Looking for a pair of headphones. Semi-Pro gamer in Rainbow Six Siege, so good sound and a large soundstage is very important to me. Second is music, where my prefrence is rap. Not a crazy basshead though. I like the price and soundstage and not needing an amp for the Audio Technica, but will the not much bass be sufficent for rap music and gaming? Or will i need to spend a bit more on the 990s and an amp? Other suggestions? Thank you.
In a very general way, I would take the ATH-AD900X, over the DT990 (I'm not much of a basshead).

Mar 26, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 7
So you think that the bass in the AD900X is sufficient? I was leaning towards it, but found a lot of people saying that there wasn't much bass to be heard?
The ATH-AD900X will not offer a lot of bass.
I own the ATH-A900X (closed) headphones, which had decent bass and the AD900X being open will have even less bass.
But i liked the over all sound of my A900X, over the DT990.

I would try and push you to get the Soundmagic HP200 (which I own), to me it was like an improved DT990.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back