Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro or AKG K702?
Jan 29, 2014 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Hornedal

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody i'm new to this forum but my brother told me you guys where awesome when it has something to do with sound :)

What I will use the headphones for is listening on music most of all dubstep but i like film music like hans zimmer's and maybe 80% of the time gaming.
I play right now Battlefiled 4 and for those that don't know that game, it's ALOT of explosions and gun fire but I wan't to hear the highs and mids very well to and in game it's most of all footsteps. If you played counter strike games you are really need to hear footsteps of the enemy to get the advantage over him so I will play games where I need to have control over where the enemies are. 

GAMES I PLAY: Battlefield 4, DayZ, Rust, Arma 3, CSGO and more..

It would be nice if you find other headphones that are better in my case.. OH and I almost forgot, I will also edit with videos :) (gaming videos).

//H

Jan 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 15
K702 is better in terms of footsteps, but the DT990 better in terms of explosions and movies, as well as single-player games.
Check out MLE's gaming guide.

Also you'll want some amplification to either one.

Jan 29, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 15
When I listened to the DT990s in the past, I found both the bass and treble are boosted a bit. I think this is in line with what you are saying.

Bob Graham

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 15
When I listened to the DT990s in the past, I found both the bass and treble are boosted a bit. I think this is in line with what you are saying.

Bob Graham

K702 is better in terms of footsteps, but the DT990 better in terms of explosions and movies, as well as single-player games.
Check out MLE's gaming guide.

Also you'll want some amplification to either one.

Thanks guys eh yeah i will use a xonar essence stx :)

Jan 29, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 15
I really wouldn't want the 70x's for dubstep especially when you're only amping it with the stx there will be very little bass presence. I've never heard dt990s but electronic music isn't enjoyable with those akgs especially if you aren't using a powerful warmer amp.

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #14 of 15
  what about Sony MA900?

The MA900 are quite good, especially at $200

If you have the cash to spend, the AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition is another good all-rounder, handles Gaming perfectly, and I was actually enjoying dubstep while i used them.

K702 65th's are pretty pricy though, and I'm not sure how the STX will drive them.

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #15 of 15
Don't forget the AKG K612 pro, easily matches the HD598

Users who are viewing this thread

Back