Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium or DT 880 Premium?
Jul 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ProChargedLS2

New Head-Fier
I was looking for headphones that would suit my needs, and the DT880 Premium 600ohm caught my eyes. I read nothing but great reviews and was set on getting that. 
I still continued to look for any others that would match that and I couldn't find any other than the DT990, which I have read mixed reviews on.

The music I'd be listening to is mainly Rock, Classical, some Electronic, Jazz, and some gaming. I like the smooth, vibrant, and colorful sound the DT880 has been said to have.
I have a sound card amp that supports up to 600ohm so I don't think amp's will be an issue. The only thing that gets me is that some people same the DT990 has way too much treble and uncontrolled bass, while the majority seem to think the DT880 has better controlled bass and treble that won't make your ears bleed.

My question is which one would be better in the long run? Since reading reviews don't answer every question I'd hope somebody who owns a pair of these could answer.

I also enjoy a lot of bass, not a large amount, but enough to feel it kick and let me know it's there, and good mids. High treble is fine but not mind blowing trebel.

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 3
DT880s offer a balanced audio and the treble is a little on the bright side.
DT990s, full bass and full treble, which slightly overshadows the mids, but the mids are clear.

There is very little noticeable difference between the DT880 600-Ohm and DT880 250-Ohm.

The DT990 600-Ohm has a noticeably better controlled bass, over the DT990 250-Ohm.
If you want a more "movie theater" like sound, get the DT990.
if you want something safer and more balanced, get the DT880s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back