Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium not sure on the ohm version I need.
May 11, 2015 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mtmasayko

New Head-Fier
Hi I am new to this forum so please bear with me.

I am interested in the Beyerdynamic DT880 premium but i'm not sure if I need the 32 or 250 ohm version. I will mainly be driving these with standard motherboard on audio on a workstation/gaming pc and workstation/gaming laptop. I have heard that these could drive the 250 ohm but I don't know if i will loose detail. anyone help? thanks.

May 11, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 3
I usually recommend to people to get the cheapest version, DT880 Pro 250-Ohm, and a headphone amplifier to go with it.
The FiiO E11K headphone amplifier ($60) can work with just about any computer (PC, MAC, desktop, laptop, etc).

I believe (guess) Beyerdynamic come out with the 32-Ohm version of the DT880 as something that can easily work with portable audio devices (mp3 players, phones, DAP, etc).
Where I guess the 250-Ohm version would be expected to be used with a dedicated headphone amplifier (my A/V receiver decently drives my DT880s)
But the 32-Ohm still needs to be used with a decent headphone amplifier to really bring out it's best (but still works at least decently without a dedicated amp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back