Beyerdynamic dt880 Headband replacement question
Aug 28, 2009 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

reorx

100+ Head-Fier
Hi peeps. I have a dt880 20005 250 ohm edition (non-pro), and the rubber headband that came with has deteriorated and become rather sticky and cruddy. It sticks to my hair and my headphone stand, and i want to replace it.

HOwever, I live in the Philippines, and i have NO IDEA what the replacement headband for the 2005 version looks like. I have the chance to buy the headband replacement for the older version of the dt880 (the one with buttons) but im not sure if it will fit my version. Will it?

DSC00001.jpg

Will this snap-on beyer replacement headband fit over the rubber headband
of the 2005 consumer version dt880?

If it wont, can anyone direct me where I can find where to buy the 2005 replacement headband as i cannot find it, not even in the official beyer site. I dont even know if its replacable, as it looks like to erplace it, ill need to disassemble the entire phone.

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 3
You don't need to disassemble the entire thing. You do, however, need to take off the stock headband. If you have the same version I have, your stock headband will "unzip" much like a ziplock bag. Down the center is a strip that will separate if you pull it apart.

Assuming that picture is of an actual beyerdynamic headband, it should fit no problem.

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 3
i have the 2005 consumer version (non pro) dt 880 250 ohm. The one with the rubber headband with no buttons? Ill check out that center strip you are talking about when i get home later. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back