Beyerdynamic DT880 build quality experiences?
Feb 23, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Mine were pretty tough and solid when I bought them new, but they have definitely loosened up.

My left driver actually went bad a few weeks ago after having them for a year and a half, which surprised me considering this is their top of the line headphone, but the warranty repair went through fine. They even replaced the cable with a longer, but still coiled replacement.

Feb 23, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orubasarot
I just got mine and they're surprisingly wobbly. They look so firm and tough in the photos while in reality the metal pieces are just connected by these little plastic housings and can twist, turn, and make snapping noises.

They still seem like some fine headphones, but I found that surprising. I remember thinking that the DT250s felt kind of cheap as well. So far, only in terms of build quality, I'd say the AKG 271s are my favorite due to them feeling just so damn solid.

The thing about headphones is that people want them to be as light and comfortable as possible yet sound as good as a pair of 200 pound speakers.As long as they are comfortable and sound good with long term realiability,who cares about the wobble.

Feb 23, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Mine are fine right now, in the current cold weather, I even take then out on the street
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back