Beyerdynamic DT831: Best closed cans?
Jul 24, 2001 at 2:33 PM Post #32 of 34
Okay, I'm looking for a closed can, and even if it's only because I'd like to have a different brand's sound, I am looking at the 770 and 831s and not the Senns. I will be using them with a portable, but probalby with a TA, and I listen to all types of music regularly. Which my gf pointed out when I went from a classical meditation CD, to metallica, to the fast and the furious soundtrack (mostly rap) and earlier I had been listening to the O brother Where Art thou soundtrack (mostly southern folk and gospel music). And thanks to good old Jan Meier, cost really isn't an issue ($135 for the 770 and $150 for the 831). I'm sorry if this sounds repetitious, but this thread has really not cleared anything up for me
tongue.gif

Jul 24, 2001 at 2:57 PM Post #33 of 34
grrr223,
Isn't this simply the nature of these forums: You get opinions, and lots of them. The only thing you can hope for, is finding reviews that stress qualities that you are intersted in, or that mention flaws that you might find critical. BTW, I don't think there is too much correlation with musical styles - either something sounds musical and captivating (because of its neutrality and accuracy) or it doesn't.

The only way to clear this up once and for all is to listen for yourself. Of course, you may just do what I say: Get those 770 Pros - 250. As fast as possible.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back