Beyerdynamic DT770 Question
Jan 10, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 11
Basically the difference between the two is that the 80 would be easier to drive and the 250 would need and amp to drive them properly. Although the 80 are easier to drive, it's recommended that to feed it thru an amp to get to sound it's best.

Jan 10, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 11
Is is really necessary to buy an amp? I would be running these through my computer and mp3 player. Mostly listening to R&B. Would these headphones be right for me then? If so, which should I get? The 80 ohm or 250 ohm?

Jan 10, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 11
If no amp definately the 80. It's easier to drive.

James

Jan 10, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 11
It's not really necessary to get an amp for the 80 ohm. If you can't or don't want to get an amp, I would go for the 80 as they are easier to drive straight out of your mp3 player and computer. The DT770/80 does R&B quite well with it's deep bass extension and detailed sound.

Jan 10, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 11
Directly from portable or weaker soundcard, DT770 80ohm DOES need an amplifier to sound good. So atleast decent portable amp or something is recommended highly to get the sound they should be producing.

Jan 10, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Directly from portable or weaker soundcard, DT770 80ohm DOES need an amplifier to sound good. So atleast decent portable amp or something is recommended highly to get the sound they should be producing.

i agree completely. the DT770/80 without an amp and the DT770/80 with an amp is like night and day. i'll never go back to listening to my DT770/80 without an amp.

Jan 10, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #10 of 11
If I end up getting the DT 770 80 ohms, what would be a decent amp to get? How much do they go for? How do they work with an ipod or computer? I'm new to all of this and I'm just a little confused about amps and how they work.

Jan 10, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #11 of 11
Portable amplifiers range from few ten bucks to several hundred. Someone else has to give you recommendation what to get and from what price range, as I havent paid much attention on that subject.

Portable players usually has very small and weak amplification circuit built-in, powered by small powersource. So their power is severely lacking when venturing beyond 32 ohm and highly sensitive headphones. Volume might not turn to issue on some headphones, but quality does.

Portaple amplifiers are designed to add a powerboost, a superior amplification circuit powered with better battery (some have wallwart possibility for home use, some even have battery recharging). They around the size of pack of cigarettes. Its connected by mini-to-mini cable to your portable amplifiers headphone output (or preferably line-out if player has one, to skip portable players own amp from worsening the soundquality), and you plug your headphones to that amp and control volume from that device. (if one has to plug the amp to portable players headphone output, set the players volume somewhere around 50-70%)

*edit* Remembered this thread. Check it out.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...mpared-214588/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back