Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro X Anniversary model
Apr 19, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #46 of 105
I received mine yesterday morning, but couldn't listen much yet. Also I'm a beginner in terms of serious listening, but always had a Beyerdynamic headphone for gaming/ movies, which is the reason why I thought to get this one (besides having the possibility to replace the cable easily). I only listened to a couple of songs from different genres each so far. I noted some impressions out of the box and without going back and forth to the standard version:
  • Clamp pressure is less than standard DT770. Especially for my small head, but very comfortable.
  • DT770 sound "signature" is kept.
  • Treble might be too much for some people, but partially I was also listening too loud. When i reduced the volume and played some Fleetwood Mac the treble was fine for me. I checked with a volume meter (app) and the reduced volume, it showed averaging 67dB, max 75dB. Maybe I was listening too loud? Maybe it is dependent on the genre/track?
  • Bass seems to go a little deeper than standard DT770.
  • Heard some drums that sounded absolutely great with these. Big and powerful.
  • Technically better than standard dt770.
  • Better/wider sound stage.
  • More resolution.
Today during work I had them connected directly to my TV so they get some time. Sounded fine, but it was during work.

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #47 of 105
It shows that the stellar.45 driver is a step up from the older DT driver. The small upgrades (detacheable cable, less clamp than the pro headset and the indented headpiece) make it a step from the older DT 770. If I have the time in the next weeks I'll check against the DT770/80 and DT700 Pro X that I have and do a quick sweep to get the FR using minidsp HEARS.

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #48 of 105
It shows that the stellar.45 driver is a step up from the older DT driver. The small upgrades (detacheable cable, less clamp than the pro headset and the indented headpiece) make it a step from the older DT 770. If I have the time in the next weeks I'll check against the DT770/80 and DT700 Pro X that I have and do a quick sweep to get the FR using minidsp HEARS.
It seems they are perfect for me and the purpose I intend to use them for, I was planning to use them together with my iMac24 for youtube and movies, and also together with my Mackbook laptop outdoors, and extended highs are not a problem for me anymore as I am 67 years old, quite the opposite actually.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #50 of 105
That's good to hear, based on my listening the Stellar.45 drivers seem like an upgrade from the rapid reflex drivers. I personally decided against the DT 770 Pro X for now (may grab one eventually) and just decided to get the DT 900 Pro X in addition to my DT 700 Pro X as I managed to address the headband comfort with extra wear, I prefer the pads on the DT 700 and 900 Pro X, and I prefer the more relaxed treble on the modern Beyer tunings.

Apr 20, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #51 of 105
Apr 20, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #52 of 105
That's good to hear, based on my listening the Stellar.45 drivers seem like an upgrade from the rapid reflex drivers. I personally decided against the DT 770 Pro X for now (may grab one eventually) and just decided to get the DT 900 Pro X in addition to my DT 700 Pro X as I managed to address the headband comfort with extra wear, I prefer the pads on the DT 700 and 900 Pro X, and I prefer the more relaxed treble on the modern Beyer tunings.
DT 700/900 are a pain when I stared but now I don't feel them at all. I hang them on a narrow headphone hanger which eventually created a dent such as is present on the dt 770 pro x as well. Works wonders for me cause now I can enjoy the DT 700 and 900 for what they are: great value for money headphones.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #53 of 105
DT 700/900 are a pain when I stared but now I don't feel them at all. I hang them on a narrow headphone hanger which eventually created a dent such as is present on the dt 770 pro x as well. Works wonders for me cause now I can enjoy the DT 700 and 900 for what they are: great value for money headphones.
Yeah, I don't really notice them either and are becoming some of my most comfortable headphones. Yeah I am using a narrow headphone stand to put a dent into the headband padding as well. It's hard to say whether I like the DT 700 or DT 900 Pro X more. I felt the same about the T1.3 and T5.3, was hard to say which I liked more sonically. Beyer definitely knows how to make closed-backs imho, they're also one of the few brands that does cloth pads on many of their closed-backs. Curious about your long term impressions of the DT 770 Pro X compared to it's siblings.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #54 of 105
Whats the differences (tone balance, frequency response) between DT770 Pro X Anniversary (closed) and the open DT1990 Pro or Amiron Home?
The drivers of DT1990 and Amiron are "Teslas" - what is used in DT7xx and DT9xx series?
Are stellar.45 driver “Teslas“?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #55 of 105
Whats the differences (tone balance, frequency response) between DT770 Pro X Anniversary (closed) and the open DT1990 Pro or Amiron Home?
The drivers of DT1990 and Amiron are "Teslas" - what is used in DT7xx and DT9xx series?
Are stellar.45 driver “Teslas“?
I don’t think so, otherwise they would have called them that.
Beyer seems quite proud of those new drivers, they explained the construction in detail on the pages of the DT700

Edit: I did not find the article I remembered, but there is a video about that new driver available (German):
https://support.beyerdynamic.com/hc...32370-Was-zeichnet-den-Treiber-Stellar-45-aus

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #57 of 105
Apr 22, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #59 of 105
Decided to order the DT 770 Pro X LE, from Amazon but it’s from an authorized retailer this time so I should get the actual headphone I ordered this time. I may return the DT 700 Pro X depending on how I feel about the DT 770 Pro X considering the DT 770 Pro X is what I was supposed to get.

The DT 770 Pro X does have a tweaked Stellar.45 driver as it has different rear venting and baffle venting than the DT 700/900 Pro X driver (same driver in both the closed and open version).

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #60 of 105

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back