Beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 with topping nx1
Apr 1, 2016 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

genpoker

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I was searching through threads for a while now. I just decided to buy dt 770 pro 80. I live in turkey. Here we cant find every headphone brands to test. Unfortunately beyerdynamic is one of them. But I have been lucky and found one to test. When I tested, the bass and volume level wasnt enough. I suppose its the nx1 that gives not enough power to them. But in the specifications it says it can handle ??-300 ohm. So since I cant afford better amp here is my question. Is the fault actually on amp or with the headphone itself?
I am also open to new recommendations.
I listen all kinds of music but mostly rap/r&b. So my purpose is gain most bass without losing too much detail. My budget is 150-200€. Thanks for your answers in advance.

P.s.: As I said I am not native speaker. So there can be gramatically wrong sentences.

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 9
Two closed headphones that don't require a dedicated amp, that are in your budget guidelines, and that sound terrific are the SoundMAGIC HP150 and the AKG K553 Pro. You might look into those and see what you think. The DT770 has good bass, but it can be a bit sibilant and fatiguing on the top end. If you wanted to save some money, you could always go with the very good Takstar Pro 80 (also known as Gemini HSR-1000).

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 9
If you are connecting the nx1 to the DT770 Pro 80 ohm and are not getting adequate listening volume from that connection, then you need a different amp or a headphone that is easier to drive (such as the SoundMAGIC, which should be available from amazon). The Takstar is also quite a good option, as I mentioned.

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 9
The soundmagic is 210€ in amazon. I am not sure if the +70€ worth the audio quality(beyer 140€). The talkstar is a good option but but in amazon.de its also 140€ sadly. Should I get the 32 ohm dt770. Is the bass level or sound signature significantly different?

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #8 of 9
The soundmagic is 210€ in amazon. I am not sure if the +70€ worth the audio quality(beyer 140€). The talkstar is a good option but but in amazon.de its also 140€ sadly. Should I get the 32 ohm dt770. Is the bass level or sound signature significantly different?

The 32 ohm version should be easier to drive than the 80 ohm one, depending on the amp.  There is also now a 16 ohm version available in the US, it's called Dt770i. Only one vendor carries it (Guitar Center), so I don't know how you would access one. Overall, and given sound quality, signature, soundstage, isolation, and all the rest, I actually would, if it were my money,  buy the SoundMAGIC at that price. It is a phenomenal can at 200 euros. You will love it.

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #9 of 9
Due to import taxes buying from Us is a bit pricey. As you insisted on soundmagic I will look into those again. I read the reviews and actually liked features and design but again not sure about the price difference. Thans for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back