BEYERDYNAMIC DT770 PRO (80 Omhs)/(250 Omhs) or DT 990 PRO
Jan 6, 2016 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

markos13

New Head-Fier
Hi im new to this forums and kinda a noob regarding audio tech, and i was wondering which one of those in the tittle u would recommend durability and quality wise . they go for like 145euro in my country , unless u have smthing better to recommend at this price range, i have a creative sound blaster z audio card. Thanks

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 6
  Hi im new to this forums and kinda a noob regarding audio tech, and i was wondering which one of those in the tittle u would recommend durability and quality wise . they go for like 145euro in my country , unless u have smthing better to recommend at this price range, i have a creative sound blaster z audio card. Thanks

Hi there!
I have had the DT770 pro 80 for a very long time(2 years), and i had a hard time finding anything that beats it in sound quality. I just bought the HD650, which is a little better music performers in my opinion, but for gaming and music in general you really cant go wrong with the DT770. Very good sound isolation, the sounstage does not sound shrinked(even though it is a closed design). Very clear mids, highs and instrument seperation is awesome, and you will hear the little details you cant in cheaper headphones.

In your case i would buy the dt770 pro 80 without thinking about it, as it is fantastic music and gaming performers, and the comfort in longer periods is really unbeatable.
If you are coming from a gamingheadset, this difference will be night and day, and u will never look twice at a gamingheadset again.

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 6
im using the hyperx cloud atm and i will mostly game and listen to music , would it be a big leap sound wise
coz the price looks pretty decent compared to other headphones , and some ppl say open style headphones are better for positional audio aka gaming any thoughts ?

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 6
If you don't need the isolation, get the DT990.

If you're worried about outside noise, using them in a loud environment, or don't want your sound to leak out, get the DT770.

Differences in the DT770:

80 Ohm - More bass
250 Ohm - More balanced

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 6
  im using the hyperx cloud atm and i will mostly game and listen to music , would it be a big leap sound wise
coz the price looks pretty decent compared to other headphones , and some ppl say open style headphones are better for positional audio aka gaming any thoughts ?

I have tried many open types for gaming, and i rly must say that i cannot position enemies any better with them than i can with dt770. The field of battle will sound i tiny bit more open, but you will hear all noises around you, including your pc. That i felt is a destraction when i play shootergames, where i need to hear enemy footsteps.
The dt770's sound quality will rek the hyper x cloud very hard, in all aspects of the sound. And ingame sounds will be more crisp, and i have never heard footsteps better in any gaming headset than i do with the dt770. Everything is more crisp and detailed, and the dt770's bass is just so delightful!
I would not have reacted if the dt770 costed more than it does, because you must atleast up to the Sennheiser HD6xx series to beat it in music sound quality. For gaming, i still prefer the dt770. I will not recommend an open headset for gaming use, unless you have a dead silent pc, and absolutely NO noise in the room what so ever.
I recommend the dt770 for your situation, absolutely no doubt in my mind that i would go for the dt770 if i were you.

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #6 of 6
alright thanks for the answers so i guess i will go with the dt770 80ohms closed since my psu fan makes a weird crackling noise, im guessing i should be fine with the sound blaster z ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back