Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 or MrSpeakers Mad Dog for Gaming?
Apr 18, 2014 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MrBeats

New Head-Fier
Coming down to my final decision before taking the plunge and buying so; I am opening this simple no nonsense poll.

Currents setup for either of these are as follows.

DAC - ASUS Xonar DX > Schiit Vali > Headphone of choice

Vote comment or discuss it's all good here thx

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Apr 18, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 7
  Have read that post which is great btw. Just asking for people's experience with either on this matter. Leaning more toward the Mad Dog's atm.

I haven't heard either so I can't really comment.  The Mad Dogs are planar magnetics, tho, so on a different level from the Beyers.  I suspect they'll be a much better all-around can.

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 7
Yeah basically came to that conclusion myself. The only thing I was worried about was that I herd that their soudstage had slightly more depth than with; I was thinking that I would hear sound in a rectangle shape instead of a perfect circle. However, that seems to be a non factor as I found out later it is only very slight and quite a few people I have found enjoy them for gaming.

Also being planar magnets they are much better all rounders than the Beyer's. Basically sound very close to a LCD-2.

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 7
I haven't heard the Mad Dogs. But I have demoed the DT770s. For gaming, I would be looking for fully open headphones if isolation is not important. I think there's a good difference in soundstage between the DT770 and a good open headphone.

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #7 of 7
I would probably be getting a really really nice speaker setup if sound isolation wasn't important. Unfortunately I usually game very close to other people so isolation is VERY important to me.

Update ended up getting the DT770 as the Mad Dog's put me over my budget by about 100$ by the time all the shipping and cross border fees were added :frowning2: sometimes it hurts to ship to Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back