Beyerdynamic DT770 Impressions
Jun 9, 2008 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mr56k

500+ Head-Fier
Well this is my first venture in to some Beyerdynamic headphones. I wanted something closed and with decent bass for movies and hip hop music. So what do I think? So far these are exactly what I was looking for. Vocals sound great and bass is definitely there
biggrin.gif
. Its not as tight or controlled as others but its awesome for movies. Also the isolation is really nice. As soon as you put them on everything around you quiets down a little bit. As soon as you have music playing I can't even hear a fan thats just a few feet from me. Comfort is also really nice. I would rank these above my previous Sennheisers in this department. Even the headband is nice and padded. With all the talk about the bass on these I was really worried that the vocals would sound very distant or recessed. No problems at all "at least for me". I really really like my Grados and MS1 "Rock" but this might be my new favorite lol.

Just my 2 pennies

Ryan

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 4
Just out of curiosity.
Which DT770 do you own (Consumer edition 2005, Pro 80 ohm or Pro 250 ohm) ?

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just out of curiosity.
Which DT770 do you own (Consumer edition 2005, Pro 80 ohm or Pro 250 ohm) ?

Pro 80 ohm.

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 4
i love my 770 pro 80 ohm, i use them for bass heavy music, gaming, etc.

i have k240 studios and they're much better for vocals, guitars, etc. but they're also open, not nearly as powerful on the bass end, and are a lot flatter (in a good way
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back