beyerdynamic dt770, dt770M, and dt770-pro. Whats the difference?
Nov 3, 2008 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thoughtcriminal

100+ Head-Fier
I've found these three different headphones with the same number and am wondering as to the differences.

From what I've gathered, the DT770 are a "consumer" headphone, while the DT770M and DT770-Pro are "professional" headphones. The DT770M has leather earpads and an inline volume controller (and therefore is not of interest to me).

But besides housing and price, are they any different?
I've noticed too that the pros are only available in 80 and 250 ohm, while the consumer 770s are available in 32, 250, and 600 ohm.

The specs are identical besides that between the two.
Is there any noticable difference in sound between them? Or build quality?

any insight would be appreciated.

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 4
The 770M are for drummers in the studio I think. The 770s with the silver ring around the cups are the consumer edition aka the (2005) version. They sound very different then the pro 80ohm version. The consumer version is very clear, detailed and has neutral bass. The pro 80ohm version are famous for being bass monsters, but they have a bit less clarity and detail than the 2005 version.

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 4
I own the Pro 80's and I love them. They are a bit heavy on the bass. It's going to make the next set of cans I own sound like they are bass wimps.

I've also read that the consumer version can sound a bit bright (or hot as they say around here), so if you don't like a lot of treble, that may be sometime to consider. I do think the Pro 80's have a warm sound, and I like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back