BeyerDynamic DT770 80 or 250 ohm?
Feb 28, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How were the 2005 DT770/32 compared to the DT770/80? my point of comparison is the the old DT990 Pro that have now gone to headphone heaven.
frown.gif

Thanks,
Bert

I slightly prefer the DT770/80. They have the smoother treble and the less recessed mids, and slightly stronger bass. But both are quite good sealed cans IMO.

Feb 28, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, ask two people, get two answers. I don't agree with this statement at ALL. Nickchen, have you ever owned DT770/80's? They are not very recessed in the mids, and the bass, while impactful, is not boomy. And they are more comfortable than the A900 IMO. And of course, I prefer the sound of the DT770/80 over the A900.

Just different strokes, I guess. But "absolutely superior" - only "In Your Opinion".

No offence! Finally: The more Beyers & Volkswagens are sold instead of Audiotechnicas & Mazdas, the better for our struggling german economy.
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A900. Definetely.

Personally I would prefer the Beyers. As you can see, it's totally up to preference.

Either way, the DT770pro should be very nice for you.

it is true that the 80ohm's require less volume than the 250ohms, though it's not a world of difference.

Alives, I think your own advice is the best. Get both from BH photo, the older version and the new 2005 version (though they probably don't have the DT770pro 80ohm, only DT770pro 250ohm). Compare them and keep the one you like the best.

I think you'll be very very very happy you decided upon these over the Bose.
basshead.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by spiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps ignorance is bliss, but I'm running my DT770 out of my Audigy 2 ZS with no real problems.

Ignorance IS bliss when it comes to audio.

Back a while ago I was also uing my DT770pro with my Audigy 2 ZS and I enjoyed it very much. Don't feel rushed to upgrade just because people say there are better things out there.......... enjoy the music, and let the journey be as much fun as the end result.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #20 of 21
Thanks everyone... I really appreciate getting good advice from open minded people. This really helps a lot.

Does anyone know of a store where I can try headphones in nyc?

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alives /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks everyone... I really appreciate getting good advice from open minded people. This really helps a lot.

Does anyone know of a store where I can try headphones in nyc?

I'm not sure if this is something you would be interested in, but there is NY Head-Fi meet comming up this Saturday:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...wpost&t=213821

I'll probably be there with my DT770pro 250ohm (among other 'phones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back