Beyerdynamic DT770/250 ('05) = too heavy? = stiff neck?
Jun 8, 2009 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lastdodobird

Head-Fier
Has anyone had experiences / heard or read impressions that the DT770's are a bit too heavy?

I've had them (mine are the '05 250 ohm version) for a few days and I can plainly see that they're built like a tank. On extended listening sessions, I can feel some strain developing around my nape area.

Do these headphones have a reputation like this? Or they aren't supposed to be any different from other headphones?

Jun 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #2 of 4
Well at 270grams, they're pretty standard for a full-sized headphone. Maybe even lighter than a lot of other headphones. Perhaps it's just something for you to get used to. I personally find them fine to wear for extended periods of time without any strain.

If you still experience constant strain after a while and it's a serious issue, maybe you should look into more lighter headphones. However I don't think you'll find any that are significantly lighter. Even the AD700s which are considered to be extremely light headphones are 280grams.

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 4
Well yeah, that IS a good point considering the fact that I've been using IEM's mostly. The only other headphone I've used is the PX100, which is ultra-light.

I suppose it's just a matter of getting-used-too...

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Agree with chews89.
I have DT990 '05, quite similar in form, and they are not heavy to be full sized headphones, the problem is indeed that you are used to other lighter headphones.
In fact, the beyers are one of the most confortable big-sized headphones!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back