Beyerdynamic dt48
Nov 11, 2008 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

kinsale

100+ Head-Fier
I received a pair of these headphones from a fellow HeadFier and have not stopped listening to them for the last 2 days. These are without doubt the most revealing and realistic headphones I have ever heard. (My experience is limited so take it for what it is worth.)
On vocal and acoustic instruments they are achingly real. On classical pieces you are in the orchestra. Never have instruments sounded so real to me. however...

They are not for me at this time. I'm going to hate myself and i probably should hold onto them. Let me explain.

My only time to listen to music is at work at my desk. I find the dt48 kinda heavy on my head and are physically tiring after a while. i listen for hours on end. Therefore even though I am in love I cannot afford having headphones just lay around. Normally i would leave them for special occasions but someone was gracious enough tho let me have a pair and I feel I need to do the same for someone else who may also enjoy these wonderful headphones.

I have $100 in to these and I have new pads on the way which should arrive tomorrow. What I would like to do is to put these For Trade. If anyone has anything interesting laying around just let me know.

I will post this message in the For Sale/Trade section as well.

I hope I haven't broken any rules.

Ian

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 13
Which DT48 is it? The 48a or the 48e? Also, where do you live? I've got a few headphones lying around, but it wouldn't be worth it to send them to the other end of the world.

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 13
Why is this one in the Headphone Amps (full-size) forum?

Anyway, I will keep and eye with the FS forum for further information. To see what you want to trade them with...

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, I will keep and eye with the FS forum for further information. To see what you want to trade them with...

Ah, so you've been eyeing the DT48s as well?
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, so you've been eyeing the DT48s as well?
wink.gif

Anything looking like the FOTM catch my eye.
That don't mean that I will go all-the-way to score the item though...

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At 400g, they are one of the heaviest headphones I've seen IMHO. Normally headphones are 200~300g!

625g of pure bliss!
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #12 of 13
Although I wouldn't mind trading something if you were living in the EU, the shipping costs involved in sending some headphones from and to the US from where I live make this not worthwhile for either of us.

I hope you'll find what you're looking for.

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #13 of 13
No picture = No interest over here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back