Beyerdynamic DT150, DT660 or AKG K240 mark II?
Feb 24, 2015 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

thelonious58

100+ Head-Fier
I already have and enjoy the Sony MA900 and the Sennheiser HD598 (even though their sound has quite a lot in common!). I like the fact that they sound OK unamped from my laptop, ipPod Classic (with LOD) or Sony mp3 player, but that my little Topping NX1 improves their SQ a fair bit on low gain; they also sound fine from the headphones jack on my Cambridge Audio A640 (V1) integrated.
I've been reading a lot about the AKG K240 and the Beyer DT150, two very different HPs indeed; I would like to know;
- would my NX1 get a good sound from them?
- would the K240 or DT150 be a downgrade from my two existing HPs?
- which of the two sounds most different from my current pair?
 I listen mainly to classical (solo instruments, string quartets, right  through to symphonies) and some jazz (small ensembles)
I like the euphony I have from my Sony and Senn, the soundstage and the detail too. but am thinking I might enjoy a different sound occasionally.
I tried and sent back the Beyer DT990 Pro 250 Ohms ( overwhelming bass and recessed mids but good detail and soundstage) and the AKG K702 (too thin,picky, fussy and cold) 
Any recommendations between the 150 and the 240? Perhaps even the DT660? I don't want to buy any more amps or DACs
I look forward to your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back