Beyerdynamic DT1350 vs Audio-Technica ES700. RECOMMENDATION NEEDED!
May 5, 2014 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

yavormoskov

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I can't decide between DT1350 and ES700 for portable use. I looked into other portable headphones as well, but only these two made it to the finals. If you listened to them or own them can you please share with me what do you think. Also the long term durability is very important as well. Right now I can find the DT1350 for around 230 US $ and Audio-Technica ES700 for around 120 US $ + 20 $ for better ear pads. do you think the difference in the price is justified or better to get the cheaper one? 

May 6, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 3
You always pay more for a little of better sound
the DT1350 has its place in the "hall of fame" in most respectable headphone sites... whereas the ES700 never reaches to that point.

May 6, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 3
You always pay more for a little of better sound
the DT1350 has its place in the "hall of fame" in most respectable headphone sites... whereas the ES700 never reaches to that point.

+1

I don't know that much about the ES700...but I know a lot about the DT1350 because it's impossible not to hear it regularly recommended on this forum--plus I have owned them :wink:

I think it's a very safe bet that the DT1350 is a much better headphone. My experience is that it easily competes in class with other headphones in its price range.

See this reveiw: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350

However, it has frequently been down to around $200 or less. I'd hold off a few weeks before buying and watch the price on Amazon everyday. Or see if someone has a used pair for sell on the head-fi trade forums. If a member paid ~$200 for them, they'll be selling them for a good bit less. They are very well built, durable headphones. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back