Beyerdynamic DT-990 now extremely uncomfortable - looking for comfortable pair to compliment
Jul 23, 2018 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rpconrad

New Head-Fier
Good morning everyone!

I've got a pair of DT-990 Pro 250ohm that I've been enjoying for about 4 years now. After extended periods of use (which I'm considering to be 2+ hours) my temples and upper jaw start to fatigue and I have to switch to my desktop speakers. I believe that this may be mostly caused by the padding being worn down, but I do recall the clamp pressure being fairly high when I originally got them. I will try stretching them out for two days - starting tonight.

In the meanwhile, I thought about possibly purchasing another pair to compliment these with an extreme emphasis on comfort. My budget is roughly $300. I do like the open sound that the 990s provide, but I'm not against a pair of closed headphones either.

1.) Any suggestions for replacement pads for the 990? I think I need to get these replaced regardless of whether I get a complimentary pair or not
2.) Any upgrade or side-grade suggestions that would provide a heavenly amount of comfort with a different sound profile? I'd really like the new pair to have a different sound to them. I can't justify a new pair solely for comfort if it sounds identical.

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #2 of 3
I would just get brand new original pads for DT990. Beyerdynamic pads aren't very expensive.
One of the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned was the Sennheiser HD700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back