Beyerdynamic Dt 880 32 ohm vs Dt 900 pro x vs Sennheiser Hd 560s vs Hd 599
Feb 10, 2022 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sale94

New Head-Fier
Prices in my country Serbia for Dt 880,560s and Hd 599 all of them are 220 dollars and Dt 900 Pro x is 290 dollars.
So these are the best open backs you can get in this budget.

Current headphones I have are Isk Hf2010( brother of takstar hi2050) Audio Technica M30x, Fostex Tr 80,Sony Wh1000 Xm3,and from Iems Sony ex110 apb and CCA Csn.

Source Zen Dac V2

What will usage be like, Listening to Rock bands like Seether, Disturbed, Skillet,Like a storm,Papa Roach,Thousand Foot Krutch, Ashes Remain and so on Also I listen to Serbian Rap and House/Big Room Artist like Afrojack,Hardwell, R3hab,Sick Individuals,Danic,W&W, Bassjackers,Blasterjaxx I also play Arpgs,beat emps and aloot of other stuff ,also watch anime and Yt and so on.
Preffered sound signature I would describe in parts.

Treble I am not sensitive to higher treble amount.
I like when headphones can resolve as much detail as possible, I like extended treble with a bit of air and energy but not to the point of sounding metalic that is why is Eq Isk hf2010 in 4khz to 6khz range when I want best of them.

Midrange I like when guitar and similar instruments, are a bit upfront and not too distant sounding, I like either more delicate and resolving vocals like M30x or neutral like Fostex tr80.
Too reccesed vocals are deal breaker.

Bass I like when there is enough midbass, to give headphones the body when song calls for it.

But I dislike too bloated bass to the point of not being able to recall individual notes that is why I for example tone down Xm3-s range from 150 hz and boost sub bass from 40 or 60 hz.

I would dislike headphones with absolute hole in the bass area to the point of being anemic.Faster more dynamic bass would be top. Still Zen dac has that boost which is bonkers I am also not shy from Eq in general.

Soundstage is not that important, but the more wide the better since the nature of open back. But imaging and separation are really important since I like to listen to sepparate layers in music when I am not in mood for really casual and just enjoy the ride sessions.

Which headphones from candidates would you pick in my case, I am leaning towards Dt 880 because from what I gathered over years it is supposed to be most uncompromising from all of them(from list) and I like that as opposite to stories I heard from people calling most Sennheiser headphones as too smoothened out or too chill or even veiled I would dislike that aloot.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #2 of 6
I've had a few of those, the DT880 would be best, they'd be more fun than the 599 which are similar but a little too tame for me. Also replacement pads on the dt880 are readily available. The dt900 uses different pads so might be harder to find down the road since they're new to the market.
I love Sennheiser, but for rock and metal Beyerdynamics are more fun overall. With those choices I'd go with the dt880, if the treble is sharp, I put a single ply of toilet paper on the driver under the foam to take it down 2-3db and then don't need to equalize them. Really comfortable too, but stock pads sound best, never had any luck with aftermarket pads.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 6
The DT880 is the best of those you mention, by a fairly wide margin. The higher impedance versions are better - 250ohm and then 600 ohm is best, but you need a great amplifier for the 600 ohm version. Generally speaking, the DT900 is not in the same class as the DT880. As for the Senns, none of the models you mention are competitive. Now if you said, HD650, HD600, HD6XX, etc. - that's a different matter.

Feb 10, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 6
I think I narrowed them down to
Dt 880 and 900 pro X I already got deal with pretty much best audio store in my country to audition these 2 cans and get my judgement down.

But I have feeling I will end up with Dt 880 it is 1 of headphones, I since long ago imagined how awesome it would be to have them. I have feeling that details are on their side but 900 pro x is at least worth a try I think since they have some good points like detachable cable .
Thank you guys for the opinions so far you rock, although the more opinions the better.

Feb 14, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 6
I grabbed DT 880 32 ohm edition after listening for like 30-40 minutes of Rock and House songs there was no need of testing dt 900 pro x. Because 880 are so ****ing good because balance they have while still being more light and energetic on top end with shitloads of detail monster. Made me listen to some of songs when background vocals are mushing and lead singer at same time sneezes into mic ***.

They are despite that impedance number not ideal for portable players or phones. I mean it is possible but it will not sound nearly as close to it's potential and they are hardest to drive from my headphones.

Really tight fast controlled bass that extends way down with layers over notes really something with fast decay, If you appreciate more punch instead of boom bam type of impact.

Midrange is Beautiful it has organic feel at least to me not recessed at all and not forward as well.But still menages to captures crap load of details and yes you can hear things like on live accoustic guitars you can hear different reverb levels of strings clearly.

Treble lefts some of my cans like Isk hf2010 and ath m30x in dust even with songs that have actual harsh treble on most headphones on 880 there is nothing of that sort at all, really well extended energetic but never harsh of metalic.

Soundstage bigger then my other headphones in wideness depth is similiar though. Imaging iz crazy accurate and sepparation too you can divide different elements in songs easily and pinpoint their range from left right or center.

No clamping force at all pretty much, it feels like you are wearing nothing and in worst case like you are wearing mini pillows on your ears. Really happy to have 1 of my dream headphones since i started to be more interested in audio from 2018 or so just with way less money then now.

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #6 of 6
Hah I think I like the dt 900 prox more than the anyone else here!

I think they are more neutral than DT 880, and they are DEFINITELY better in basically all non-sound regards like feel, sturdiness, overall build, detachable cable, no amp needed, and all of that. of course if you can get your hands on a couple options at once that you like in different ways that is a nice luxury

Users who are viewing this thread

Back