Beyerdynamic DT-880 250ohm & Lyr 2 headroom
Aug 19, 2015 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PiMoGo

New Head-Fier
I recently got a Lyr 2 to drive my DT-880s but found that to get loud volume on classical pieces I had to turn the volume up to 75% (at times even more). I thought the Lyr 2 would have considerably more headroom for a 250 ohm can. What if it were a 600 ohm? Any ideas? I'm driving these through a DAC fed by my macboook running Amarra.

Thanks!

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 4
  I recently got a Lyr 2 to drive my DT-880s but found that to get loud volume on classical pieces I had to turn the volume up to 75% (at times even more). I thought the Lyr 2 would have considerably more headroom for a 250 ohm can. What if it were a 600 ohm? Any ideas? I'm driving these through a DAC fed by my macboook running Amarra.

Thanks!

1- Max volume at both Macbook and Amarra?
2- What's your current DAC?
3- Are you using your Lyr 2 in High Gain? (rear switch)

Aug 20, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 4

Thanks!

There's something seriously wrong with those results, especially if you are on the hi gain setting.

The little HiFiMan EF-2a drives my 250 Ohm DT 880 just fine.

Are your tubes seated properly?

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 4

There's something seriously wrong with those results, especially if you are on the hi gain setting.

The little HiFiMan EF-2a drives my 250 Ohm DT 880 just fine.

Are your tubes seated properly?

Hi, yes. I believe so. I removed them and put them in until they could go no further. I believe they are. :/ Will have Schiit look at it.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back