Beyerdynamic DT 770s
Jan 3, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #16 of 20
Well the paint on the lettering on the 1st style tends to wear off rather quickly. they probably switched to the new style because it wears better over time.

really it's just a strip of plastic with glue on the back.

Jan 3, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #17 of 20
Larry from Headphile says there is no sound difference. Internally they are the same. Just cosmetic changes, they are phasing out the one from the first pic.
smily_headphones1.gif

This was discussed in the Darths thread a few weeks ago.
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kr1z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my DT 770 PRO 80s today, and I am a bit sad :[ It doesn't sound as clear as my Sen HD-595. Is this because of my source not being as powerful to handle the dt 770s? I want to try a emu 0404 usb before I sell either one ;/
and they sound really low compare to my 595s

This is so wierd! My experience is exactly the opposite. I loved the clarity of my son's 770's (250 ohms, I think). My 595's arrived today and sound flabby, distorted and muffled with overblown bass.

I can't help wondering if manufacturing tolerances are so poor that quality is a lottery.
frown.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #19 of 20
My experience with both the 595 and the 770 has been good, so, yes, I suppose quality could vary wildly. But I don't recall quality being an issue with either here at Head-Fi, at least not overall. Try a search and see if there are any major problems with either. It would be interesting to know for sure.

Mar 11, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #20 of 20
Good suggestion.

I have noticed, on the 595 appreciation thread that some people have found their 595's needed weeks of running-in, whilst others liked the sound straight from the box. I have plugged my phones into a spare DAB portable and will leave them running for the next few days.

Interestingly my Mission V62 speakers sounded totally dreadful for several weeks when new. They sounded so distorted, it was almost as if the cones were ripped. They are OK now. I hope the 595's will be the same.

I do wonder if some phones / speakers are a bit tighter, when new, than those of the same model, but from a different batch. It would be interesting if there was someone on this forum who knows about the technicalities of the manufacturing process - maybe I should contact Sennheiser?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back