Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro
Dec 17, 2021 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TeoS

Head-Fier
Hello , all !
I am coming back , after a looong time no visit
In addition to the fact that I am not mainly a Headphone listener , I had a long pause in listening HIFI .
And was content with a Yamaha YAS-105 soundbar and music from the smart tv , in the bedroom ....
Lazy old man habbits....
But , now , enough ! I am going to come back to my old listening habbits , and the beginning is going to be by revitalising the bedroom system ,and here I'll be focused on Headphones listening .
For that , I need a pair of closed back gear because my AKG s don't serve me well when my beloved wife is watching tv near me ...
So , I took the plunge and ordered a pair of Beyerdinamic DT-770Pro 80 ohm !
I'll feed them from the Objective O2 amp
Are here some of you using this combination ?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Great headphones !!!! WOW !
Just have to get another 15 V source for my Objective amp ( for now it works directly from the Bluesound )
What a bass !!!!!! How could I live without them until now ????!!!!:beerchug::beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 4
I don't use them with O2 amp but I use them with my Essence STX amp and also sometimes with my Marantz integrated pm7200. Yeah the 770 are really great closed headphones, maybe you can argue overall the best, if you take into account build, comfort which is rare on closed backs, price and sound quality. They don't sound closed at all and are very spacious and have amazing deep bass. I like to tune out some of the treble just like I do on my DT990's, which is real easy to do. They don't really have any other weaknesses. I particularly love male voices and violins on these but most anything sounds great. Smooth mids, deep bass, clean treble, spacious, very detailed and resolving, decent timbre, good with any genre, lightweight, doesn't break, comfortable, affordable. What more can you want? :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back