Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro vs Takstar pro 82 for comfort
Jan 11, 2024 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SuperFastGuy

New Head-Fier
Hello,

For those who have both the DT 770 Pro and Takstar pro 82 or have used them before, which one of them do you find more comfortable. I'm planning to get one for long hours of use everyday so I need headphones that are as comfortable as possible.

I hear they are both some of the best budget headphones for comfort. I'm sensitive to clamp force and I like ear cups that don't touch the ears. Do the DT 770 pro put clamp pressure on the head? Are the Takstar pro 82 ear cups too small? Does the Takstar pro 82 get warm? Right now I'm leaning more towards the pro 82. Any suggestions?

Jan 11, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 8
Me, I would favor the Takstar Pro 82, I own the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm, but not the Pro 82.
To me Takstars brand offer good bang for the buck.

Jan 11, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 8
Do you mean you have tried the Pro 82 before, but don't own them? I'd be find with spending extra for the DT770, if it would mean that there would be more comfort.
Never used the Takstar Pro 82.

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #5 of 8
Hello,

For those who have both the DT 770 Pro and Takstar pro 82 or have used them before, which one of them do you find more comfortable. I'm planning to get one for long hours of use everyday so I need headphones that are as comfortable as possible.

I hear they are both some of the best budget headphones for comfort. I'm sensitive to clamp force and I like ear cups that don't touch the ears. Do the DT 770 pro put clamp pressure on the head? Are the Takstar pro 82 ear cups too small? Does the Takstar pro 82 get warm? Right now I'm leaning more towards the pro 82. Any suggestions?
Leatherette/leather/suede is always less comfortable than soft velor.

To avoid touching anything, it is better to look for headphones with deep oval cups, preferably made of velor.

With DT headphones, the clamping force can be easily adjusted by stretching the headband.

I currently have a 770/990 and an 840a, but have never tried the 82.

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #6 of 8
Hello,

I have owned both, but still own the DT770 Pro 80 ohm (because I prefer bigger soundstage).

Depending on the temperature...
Velour will perform a bit better in heat.
Pleather can get sweaty and uncomfortable faster.

But... for ergonomics:
For all-day-long use, the Takstar Pro82 is lighter and much more comfortable.
The DT770 Pro has more head-clamp, and even bending out the headband will still leave some light pressure points, especially with new pads, but it is in no way an 'uncomfortable' headphone either.

However...
The main reason I would avoid getting the Pro82 is that the ear pads cannot be easily replaced.
I have tried rolling a bunch of aftermarket pads on the Takstar and nothing sounded anywhere near as good as the stock pads - otherwise some DIY mods are required.

Jan 16, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 8
Hello,

What is your headphone budget and what exactly do you plug the headphones into?
Does it matter if the headphones are open or closed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back